A Confession

Forth POV 

 I think separating from Apple is the worst thing that has happened to me lately.  But not.

 "Forth Jaturapoom ... I love you," Beam said.  I can hear his nervous voice and heartbeat in my hands.  He looked away after saying that he loved me. One minute, I waited a minute hoping he would laugh and say that this was all a joke but he just kept quiet and his face turned red in front of me.

 I didn't smoke for a month after today.  Hoping he will talk about his heartbreak with me and move on.  This month I even almost went crazy because I couldn't smoke. But compared to the stress of not smoking, or splitting up with Apple, my feelings when I heard his confession were even more chaotic.

 Shit

 Is he serious?

 "Um ... Asshole ... Can you let me go ... I ... start to have difficulty breathing" he said.  I was surprised and realized our awkward position.

 "Sorry," I said, releasing it and sitting in front of him.  I can hear him breathe freely. I'm still staring at him, waiting for him to say something.  He sat and corrected his clothes. But he still refused to look at me.

 "Stop staring at me asshole ..." he said "and you don't need to answer anything. Like I said. I'll forget you" he looked at me for a moment and was about to walk down from my bed.  But I held his right shoulder. He looked at me with his face still red.  

 "Hey Beam .... Are you serious?"  I asked again. I swallowed ..

 He looks upset

 "Whatever you think. I have fulfilled my promise," he said.  He brushed my hand away and climbed out of my bed.

 Fuck

 He is serious

 I held his left hand when he was about to walk out of my room.  My head starts throbbing violently. And my heart feels heavy.

 "Wait ... I ...." I didn't know how to react.  We were friends from childhood. He is like a brother to me.  I was even closer to him compared to the infuriating Ice phi, the fussy Phi Jenny or the Phi Mark that was too perfect for me to follow.

 "Don't worry forth. You don't have to think about it," he said.  He tried to dismiss my hand but I held it tighter.

 "Aw, sick, stupid!"  he looks upset.

 "Tsk ... This is how you talk to people you like? Asshole! Stupid!"  I said annoyed. He looked at me in surprise and blushed then looked away.  He bit his lower lip. Beam, in any way, looks handsome and manly. I never imagined that a man like him would like me but if he looks like this he looks cute.  I never realized it all this time.

"Then what do you expect me to call you? Babe ... Darling ... Honey," he said sarcastically.  But his mouth still ..... 

 "That's not what I meant .... If you act like this ... People will misunderstand" I said.  He looked at me for a moment and hit my head.  

 "Ai Jerk, I like you but that does not mean I will turn into meekness like Apple's attitude to you," he said.  The word Apple that flowed from his mouth made me feel guilty. I sound like a jerk. Shit, beam has sacrificed a lot for me and Apple all this time.

 "Since when do you ... Um ... like me?"  I asked awkwardly. He looked away and turned red again.  I swear, I've never seen it like this.

 "I don't know ..." he said quietly.  He was still trying to let go of my hand.  I looked at our hands.

 "Then ... Why didn't you tell me," I said irritably.  Upset at myself for not realizing his feelings faster.  I remembered the whole joke about him as my second wife.  And his attitude is always calm to see me and Apple making out in front of him.  Damn, I don't know how much pain I gave him.