8

Mingyu opened his mouth wide, letting out a loud yawn, as he stretched his arms over his head... before promptly stumbling out of his chair because he leaned too far back.

"Ow." Mingyu rubbed his head that hit the leg of the chair, the two other friends that were with him snickering behind their hands, and he shot them a glare before picking himself up.

"Can't even keep yourself on a chair," Seungkwan wheezed, one hand on his chest and the other banging on the table.

Seokmin looked over in concern, his laughs subsided. "Are you sure you're not too tired from your mission?"

Mingyu and Hansol being friends with Seokmin and Seungkwan for the longest time, they had told them everything about their spy careers which Seungkwan found "extremely cool" as he put it. Seokmin merely asked them if they were sure of a job like that, but he never discouraged it seeing that the two seemed satisfied from their occupation. They talked about it much like it was just another normal job such as a barista or store clerk or perhaps a teacher. It was never weird to them, but Seungkwan often questioned many things about how their missions went or what kind of missions were assigned to them. Of course, they couldn't tell him anything for that was classified information, but they tried their best to describe it best they could without leaking anything through careless conversation. Mingyu was terrible at it, so Hansol mainly took over when Seungkwan said anything about it, but the cool-headed boy wasn't there today which Seungkwan actually did ask about.

"He's injured," Mingyu had explained.

Seokmin gasped, his hand covering his mouth. "Is he going to be okay? Can we see him?"

"Yes, he's fine, and you can see him when he is discharged."

"But how? I thought you guys were like master spies or something," Seungkwan piped up swinging his pencil around similarly to how one would swing a sword. Mingyu snatched the pencil from Seungkwan's grip which slid out quite easily much to his surprise, and he set it down next to his textbooks. "Doesn't mean we're harm resistant."

Seungkwan was only quick to bring another question to the table. "Isn't it cool that you guys are spies? Like me and Seokmin are stuck at school finishing projects and studying while you and Hansol are kicking ass out there!"

"Language!" Seokmin hissed, a finger to his lips.

Seungkwan rolled his eyes as Mingyu shook his head in disbelief. "We still have to do that too, you know, Kwannie. We're not exempted from school."

"Yeah but at least you have an exciting life," the boy pouted, sinking back into his seat with his head resting on the open surface of his palms, and Mingyu's phone began to ring.

Mingyu frowned and pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket, reading the caller ID. "It's Jihoon. I thought we had a few days off."

Seokmin shrugged, scribbling in his notebook. "Maybe he's calling about Hansol."

"Maybe," he muttered, and he pushed the answer button bringing the phone up to his ear. He stood up to walk a few feet away from the table. "Hey hyung, what's up?"

As Mingyu talked on the phone with Jihoon, Seungkwan scooted his chair closer, intending to eavesdrop on the conversation. Glancing up from his math work, Seokmin noticed his friend dragging his chair over to the distracted spy, and he whispered, "What are you doing?"

Seungkwan halted. "Eavesdropping, duh."

"You can't do that," Seokmin warned. He reached over to hold down Seungkwan from getting closer to the tall boy who had his back turned to the two animatedly speaking with the older over the phone. "They said if we hear anything, we can be in danger."