9

After dropping Mingyu off back home, Jihoon trudged back to his apartment, his key jangling in his left hand. He had waited until Mingyu and Hansol decided to wrap up their homework session which was way into the latest hours of the night, and he scolded both of them for it, but he couldn't do much because he had a gut feeling they would pull something off like that again with or without him warning them. He made sure Mingyu was back home safe, and the tall boy thanked him for the ride insisting he take some of his home-made kimchi he prepared the other day. The container and its bag were dangling from his right hand now as he reached his floor, the elevator dinging and opening. He stepped out, letting out a deep breath, the elevator doors closing behind him. He headed for his apartment room, his eyes drooping, and he shook his head to keep himself awake and alert. It proved to be useless, however, for he felt like he could pass out right there in the hallway. He soon reached the door and was about to stick his keys into the keyhole when he noticed there was an envelope shoved under the door.

"What the hell?" Jihoon grumbled. He shoved his keys inside the lock hastily unlocking the door and shoving it open before bending down to pick up the envelope. "Who would send this?"

He flipped it over to the front, hoping for a name to show up on the return address, however, he was only met with his own name as the recipient and no other name whatsoever. He would have to open it to see who it was from if they even decided to address themselves in the letter. He entered the apartment, pulling the keys out and kicking the door shut. It clicked shut, and he flipped the lock into place and set the kimchi and keys onto the kitchen counter before flopping onto the couch with the letter.

Jihoon raised it above his head towards the light. He couldn't see through much of the envelope, but from what he could identify, there was only paper inside. He carefully jostled it in his hands, his ears open, but there weren't any sounds of metal or plastic either. He frowned at the mail - there was no reason why anyone would send him a letter. A text or call would be more than enough to suffice if one needed to give him a message especially in a time where they were surrounded with technology, but he thought of opening it anyway. He ripped open the top of the envelope, not caring at all about preserving the envelope for later use, and he pulled out the letter which was only two sheets of paper, one-sided. It was handwritten on some stationary paper, decorated with drawings of an assortment of animals ranging from a chicken to a lion. He scoffed at the choice of parchment and moved onto scanning the letter.

It read:

Dear Woozi,

Should I address you as such? Or perhaps your real name, Lee Jihoon, instead? I'll call you Jihoon because I think it's cute <3 You must be wondering who I am. Of course, it's me, Kwon Soonyoung, the guy you met at the party. I didn't think of you as the confident type, but you went ahead and kissed me after I flirted with you which completely caught me off guard. Pretty smart for a spy. I know you blocked me after seeing my text. I understand why. I'm the enemy after all, why would you trust me? But please give me a chance. I really do only intend to get closer to you. After all, you're the one that kissed me; it only spiked my interest in someone as stunning as you are. I would appreciate it if you would unblock me by any chance. Maybe we can set up a time and date where we can meet.

Sincerely,
Kwon Soonyoung

Jihoon gagged at the compliments littered all over the letter. He was never the one to expect compliments from others, and he definitely didn't love those compliments either especially when they were thrown at him all at once. It was suffocating. He flipped to the next page which was only filled with a drawing of a tiger and Soonyoung's signature. He wrinkled his nose at the sight, his mind already set on throwing the whole thing away.