10

"Can I see them?"

"For the last time, Seungkwan, no."

"Not even just this once?"

"No."

"You're no fun," Seungkwan pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. Mingyu found that cute, a blush appearing on his cheeks which he quickly hid behind the papers he was studying.

Seokmin chuckled at the two arguing, teasing Seungkwan for begging for the papers in Mingyu's hands, and Seungkwan replied with a snarky remark, pouncing on the latter like he was going to murder him. Mingyu ignored their bickering, focused on the files in front of him. Jihoon gave him a copy to look over since he missed their team meeting as he was in one of his classes that day. He was definitely reading the words alright, but every single piece of information his eyes scanned just went straight out like he never even touched the file before. He huffed in frustration, trying to get his attention back into working order. The more he tried, the more the words slipped out of his head.

He apparently was too immersed in his thoughts to realize there was a person approaching the group, and he rammed into the poor guy who fell to the ground, his books and papers flying all over the place.

"Shoot! I'm so sorry!" Mingyu shouted, immediately dropping down to help the boy with his belongings. He set the files and phone to one side, collecting the papers that now littered the floor like confetti.

"Don't worry about it," the boy said. "I should've moved."

He ruffled his hair back into place. Mingyu noticed that his eyes were a deep brown color; they were beautiful really, the way they shone a warm gold brown hue in the sunlight streaming through the window. It reminded him of milk chocolate and caramel. Which he was now craving for. After scrambling to gather all of the boy's belongings, Mingyu handed them to him apologizing again.

"I told you not to worry about it," he laughed, bending over to pick something off of the floor. It was Mingyu's phone and the files which the latter had left on the floor being in such a frenzy. "Here."

"Thanks." Mingyu took them. Then an idea popped into his head. "Want to join me and my friends for lunch? We were heading out to go to Smile Flower."

"Gyu! Are you seriously inviting this random kid with us?" Seungkwan asked.

Mingyu gave Seungkwan a look, but he didn't seem to get the message.

The boy shifted uncomfortably. "It's fine! Please, I don't want to make a fuss."

Despite his words, Mingyu still felt guilty. "I insist. Just this one time."

The boy stared at Mingyu who was giving him wide puppy eyes with his bottom lip jutting out. He could almost imagine ears on this man, pointed down as a puppy's would when it was sad. Giving in, he simply answered, "Okay, as long as this makes you happy."

Mingyu brightened up at those words. "Yay!"

He took the boy by his arm and led him towards the parking lot where Seokmin's car was. The other two trailed behind, Seungkwan rolling his eyes and Seokmin smiling at Mingyu's crazy antics. After a talk with the boy whilst they were driving to the cafe, the three found out his name was Lee Chan, and he was a sophomore at their university majoring in political science.

"Wow, this guy's a smartie," Seungkwan teased which Seokmin only shook his head at.

"Why'd you choose political science?" Mingyu asked, making light conversation.

Chan shrugged. "I've been interested in it since I was in middle school, so it seemed like a natural choice."

He then said, "What about you guys?"