Chapter 4: Dungeon raiders

"Vandana!!" Charlotte shouts from afar

"Hmm-" Brian was shocked for what Charlotte did

She walked up and gave him a quick kiss, but he grabs her waist and held Charlotte in. Her quick kiss suddenly turns into a makeout session, her eyes widened, either the fact Brian caught her off guard. Charlotte realized how good of a kisser Brian is. Charlotte did however sink into it, wrapping her arms around Brian's neck, it was very heated now. Dixie watches as they had to retract to get some air, a string of saliva connected their mouth's. Brian grinned lazily as he squeezed her ass, gaining a humorous yelp.

"Well, that was fun. Wasn't it?" Brian smirks

"Yes...it was..." Charlotte covered her face from embarrassment, Brian laughs from her reaction, she really did enjoy it "I'll see you when I gathered the hunters, Vandana."

Charlotte kisses Brian quickly and turned, not before smacking her ass, gaining another yelp from her. Both giggled a bit.

"So...it's a date?" Brian suggested

"......" Charlotte's face was uncontrollable as her face is red "y-yes!"

It's a date! Scored myself a girl.......another one to be perhaps...... (Brian)

The vision of that girl he used to go out with came into mind, the only reason they had to break up was her leaving him for someone. Brian worked very hard to keep her happy and for that girl to be taken away in a glimpse was a big slap on the face for him.

I wonder where is she now? But I'm not gonna find out. (Brian)

After seeing Charlotte off, Brian returned home. The sight of the worn-down apartment came into his view from afar. He lived on the 2nd floor. He passed by the parked cars and headed towards the building, then an aged voice stopped him.

"Young man from union 218."

It was the elderly guard Aldo. Brian greeted the guard he had known for a long time.

"Have you not gone home for the day?" Brian asked

"Ah, I'm on the night shift today." Aldo responded

"Ah!" Brian nodded "don't work yourself too hard, Aldo. Or else you'll won't be able to have a good retirement."

"Here, a package came for you." Aldo handed Brian a package that was from the association

"Thank you, Aldo. Take care." Brian waved him goodbye

"Stay safe!" Aldo replies

"You too, Mr. Neumann." Brian tells him

The Hunter phone from the Association was supposed to arrive soon. Brian took the phone out of the box. It was a sparkling new phone. Lately, there was much public interest in the Hunters. Brian recalled a news segment where an increasing number of people who were not Awakened Beings tried to illicitly buy a Hunter phone. It's what what the buyers are thinking, it's the thieves who are willing to take the phone off your hand no matter what rank you are. They say it's not that a country doesn't have money, but it has too many thieves. Whether it was the Association or the military, wherever people gathered produced all kinds of corruption. Whenever money leaks from such organizations through said corruption, it decreases the ability of the organization to provide support for the people. And if the support for the people decreases, the society suffers. When society suffers, eventually, someone who needs help will be hurt because they cannot get it.

Nice...I thought everything was gone (Brian)

Thankfully, there appeared to be no flaws with his new phone. While he was waiting for the elevator, he turned on the phone. It was packed with notifications. Brian has never seen that many notifications in his life, has he sign up for a porn website? Or is he getting scammed? The answered lied on Brian's hand, among the missed calls and messages, two numbers kept repeating. Neither of the numbers seemed familiar to him. One of the numbers had repeatedly called him, the other had repeatedly sent him a message.