Chapter 23: Time to Level Up!

"Sup." Adrian discovered an old man searching for something inside a dungeon. He can see multiple Hunters out cold but unharmed "did you do all of this?"

This pale-blue skinned man didn't respond to his question. Almost like he couldn't understand him.

"Shy, huh?" Adrian went beside him to search for Magic Cores "seen a big crystal around here? It's been calling my name for awhile."

Aubin widened his eyes when he heard this 'crystal'. Adrian sensed bloodlust from him.

"Now, now. No need to get angry at me. I just want to look for it..." Parker saw movements at his hand and dodges "trying to pick a fight?"

"Shut up, human." He said

"Monster?! Shit. I should've guessed you were one of them." Adrian pulled out his sword and emitted his magic aura "shall we begin?"

His presence feels familiar ~(Aubin)

Aubin ignores him and went back to searching that crystal Adrian mentioned. He kept watching him to keep a lookout.

"Continuing your search, huh? Not if I find it first!" Parker followed the direction of the voice

The Monarch of Frost quickly catches up to him and pummeled Parker into the ground.

"So you do wanna go?! Whoever can defeat the other, gets the crystal. Deal?"

"Human, you dare go up against a Monarch? I'll make you regret-"

Adrian's speed was untraceable towards Aubin's eyes, making him in complete shock.

What?! ~(Aubin)

"Mist and Water Breathing Form: Flowing Mist." Parker unleashes multiple slashes one on top of the other in quick succession while mimics the movement of waves on the surface of water "you dodged it? That's a surprise."

I can tell he's strong...if those attacks were to land on me...I'd be dead ~(Aubin)

"Who are you?"

"Speak English!! I can't understand...whatever species you are." Adrian picks his ears

"....who are you? And why does your speed excel my sight?" He asked

There was a long pause between the two, before Adrian broke it...

"I am the World's Strongest Hunter, and you....are going to be hunted down." Parker can sense he is on a whole different level from any beasts he ever fought

Present Day

Brian had read the article featuring his feat on his way here. After seeing the gazes of other Hunters locking onto him because of a completely unrelated matter, though, he had to concede that the ripples created from that article were far greater than he anticipated. He scanned the Hunters and they quickly withdrew their gazes.

My uproar caused them to distrust me ~(Brian)

He discovered palpable fear within their eyes and could only let out a helpless sigh in his heart. Awkward laughter came from here and there. Vandana drinks away his problem but a notification went off...

Toxins have been located within the body

Please wait for purification.....

Toxins has been purified

I can drink all night without getting drunk!! ~(Brian)