Chapter 24: The fight is on!

Parker just got back from a solo raid. The reason he has a guild is to find out who is the strongest to take over if Adrian were ever to disappear...and make money easier and faster. Atisse, at the age of 11 at the time, was playing around with Parker's armor. It barely fits him.

"There you go, kid. Is it comfy?" He questioned

The kid nodded aggressively.

"Is it making you fall asleep?" Parker questioned again

Atisse slowly nods from the effect of a sleep spell. Adrian wrapped his arms around him to ensure his safety. Parker sighed and smiled at him.

"Parker..." Yomi brushed her tail against Adrian's chin

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever thought of having children's, like...related by blood?" She asked

"Of course! Atisse may not be blood-related - the kid is still one of my own." Sighed Adrian, slowly nodding his head "but it must be someone I emotionally care about. Why do you ask?"

"I was trying to get honesty out of you. And if it was your last day on earth...who would you spend it with?" Yomi is very curious that she begins to wag her tail

"....Master, you, and mostly Atisse. If it was...do me a solid. Just remember to feed and care for him." Parker fell asleep on her tail because it's fluffy and soft

Yomi's blush seared through her cheeks and for a minute she thought her face was on fire. She suddenly felt awkward, demure, and coy; even going as far as attempting to hide her rosy features behind her slim fingers. The pink haired woman knew that every single pairs of eyes were looking at her - all eagerly waiting for a reaction, a response, like predatory beasts.

"Is someone in love?"

"No-no! Me? To him? Pfttttr." Her face says it all while refusing the feelings

"But they look so cute together!"

Female kitsunes gathered around to witness a cute sight. They did some anime girl noises when they find something adorable.

"His shirt's exposing the rock-hard abs!"

"Ok, ok! You may go and have the rest off." Yomi felt embarrassed

The foxes disperse and went on about their day of the outside world.

In love they say....GAHHHHH!!! Why do you have be so cute when sleeping!? ~(Yomi)

She experienced love until that day...came. A grandpa walked in front of Tanjiro when there wasn't that much distance left to the waiting car.

"Hunter-nim..."

One of the Monitoring Division's agents tried to stop the grandpa, but he hesitated somewhat after seeing the tear-soaked face of the old man, before he had to take a step back. Because, Tanjiro held the agent back, that's why. The grandpa was finally able to stand before him. Thick tears streamed down his face and he called out to the young Hunter in a choked-up voice...

"Thanks to your student...my son, can now close his eyes and rest."

The grandpa held on to Tanjiro's hands and arms and kept bowing his head over and over again.

"Thank you, Hunter-nim.... Truly, I..."

"He only did what had to be done. Please, do try to stand up."

Yo helped with assisting the grandpa, and then entrusted the still-crying old man to his subordinate. He leaned in closer and whispered to Tanjiro...