Chapter 19.2: Double Dungeon/Reawakening

The year is 1934, a call for a D-Rank Dungeon that appeared in New Jersey. Hunters of different Ranks were there, waiting for a leader to show up. Amongst them was Adrian, carrying his dagger that was gifted by him from someone. This dagger felt precious to him for some reason.

"Adrian! You're here!" A boy who seems like a good friend of Adrian welcomed him "ready for today's raid?"

"Bahhh. What is today's rank?" Adrian asked as he tightened his backpack

"D-Rank it said. Beard (beard), heard it's an easy one today. So you can finally relax and return home unharmed with your two beautiful sisters."

"Stepsisters, if that's what you mean." Adrian checked if his food is inside the backpack "your lunch is also in here. Do not worry about it when we're inside."

This D-Rank gate is small, making it compare to a 2 story house downtown of New Jersey. There was about 30 Hunters: 6 E-Ranks, 9 D-Ranks, and 5 C-Rank hunters at the scene. Apparently a new girl was joining.

"Hi!"

With one glance at her, Adrian could tell what kind of person she is.

"Hey, stay the fuck away from us. I don't need a woman who manipulates men just to save herself, next to me. Woman like you deserve punishment for sacrificing lives of people who could've shaped the future of Hunting. If only I could just make it quick....but that'll spoil all the fun." Adrian spits aside her "get a good look, it's the last time you'll ever see me."

"Adrian has never lied to me....so I trust him." Adrian's friend scoffed at her "get the fuck away from me."

Adrian and Tyler stood side by side appreciating the size of this D-Rank Gate.

"Ready to make some money?" Tyler asked

Adrian nodded while bumping fist with him.

"It's cold out here, isn't it?" A man patted Adrian's shoulder

"Hahaha, it's nothing. I'll be in your hands today." Adrian replied

"Oi! Adrian Parker, wanna share my favorite cookies?" Another man whose in his late 40's offers him

"Nah, I brought my own food." Adrian sighed

"Popular as always, huh?" Tyler chuckled

"Hey, Hyung-nim."

"Hm?"

"Is that Hunter very powerful? Everyone's very happy to see him."

"Hehehe, you wouldn't know since he came after you quit. His nickname is...'The lost Traveler'."

"Lost traveler? Not World's Strongest?"

"We call those S-Rank Hunters. Adrian isn't considered the weakest or the strongest, he's a D-Rank Hunter."

"So...he comes along and somehow gets lost? Meaning he is able to scout ahead while we kill some monsters, hyung?"

"Something like that. The kid's got good coordination."

"But, doesn't that defeat the purpose of him being 'The Lost Traveler' if he has good coordination?"

"Hey, we should end this conversation here."

I can hear you, you old geezers ~(Adrian)

"Yo, Johnson. May I have a cup of hot chocolate?" Adrian went up to a vendor

"Ah! Adrian, same as usual?" Johnson puts on his chef's hat

"Yes, please!"

Tyler and Adrian waited for their morning beverage. The chocolate Johnson's using is expensive: french chocolate from Valrhona, 80%. Their hot chocolate feels more hot chocolate pudding. Johnson has his workers mixing and melting the chocolate while making marshmallows. It's their own recipe and a secret that they make in small batches and mix. When topping it off with Hot chocolate, then Marshmallow, this balanced it out because Marshmallow is very sweet. Finale was using flame magic to toast marshmallows and handed them to Tyler and Adrian.