Chapter 9

Khushi is on cloud nine. She is one step closer to her dreams. She can now find out more about Ranvir and some day publish her own story. But what happened inside the cabin has made her think more about Rishab. He is not the person she thought he was. He had pranked her and smiled a lot today. She had not seen this side of him from the time she has been here. But again she hardly knows him. May be he is a actually not so serious person. The hug that she had given to him was not appropriate. She kept on thinking,'What he must be thinking about me?? Kya pagal ladki hai tu?? You should not have hugged him..but he didn't say anything.. He knew I had done it in excitement.. O God...What he must be thinking about me???'

Rishab too is in a different world. He does not understand why he is behaving like this. He is happy for a girl he hardly knows. He has kept her belonging - the earning. And he keeps on thinking about the tears in her eyes because of his stupid prank. Both are thinking about each other and still have no idea the reason behind it.

Sanjana has been busy planning for the anniversary celebrations of S &K Publication. She is making calls regarding the same when Rahul enters with the copy of a book that will be inaugurated on the day of celebrations. Sanjana points to the chair for Rahul to sit while still talking over phone. She hangs up the phone and talks with him,"So the copies have arrived..Have you shown them to Rishab yet? What did he say?" Rahul scratching his head says,"He asked me to show it to you. He didn't even look at it." Sanjana says,"What??Why?? Was he busy or what?" Rahul says,"He was talking over phone but not that busy to not even take a glance even at the cover. He is not in himself today. He has been thinking a lot all day. Dont know about what." Sanjana says,"There might be something at his home. I will talk to him. I have to discuss about the function also." Rahul," Yes you do talk to him. You know he asked to get an intern the job by just looking at her work. She is good but Rishab doesnot make such sudden decision. I don't know may be I am just thinking too much. He has a lot on his plate now may be thats why.." Sanjana, "Yeah that might be it. Okay I am going now. I have to talk to Rishab now." Both get up and go out of the cabin.

Sanjana knocks on the door of Rishab's cabin and enters. Rishab was holding the earning which he quickly puts it in his pocket. Sanjana,"Busy?? I need to talk to you." Rishab says,"No, not busy. Sit." Sitting down Sanjana says,"I have to discuss about the function. But before that I gave to ask you, are you okay?" Rishab, "Yes I m fine. Whats going on?"Sanjana tells him everything she found out from Rahul. She says,"You appear to be thoughtful all day, didn't even look at the cover of the book and gave a permanent position to an intern. Everything alright?"  Rishab is angry now, he says,"I have given too much trust and rights to everyone and may be that's why they are now questioning my judgement. If I believe in somebody's talent and offer her job in MY company, people have problems. If I have asked you to take a look at the book instead of me, they have issues. They are perhaps forgetting, this is my company. " Sanjana knows how he talks when he gets angry. She tries to calm him down,"Hey.. Calm down. We are worried about you. I am worried about you as you are my friend. Nobody is questioning your decision or authority but you don't always behave like this. That's why these questions came up. If there's nothing to worry about then I am more than happy. Now just relax and first go out and invite all staff for the function on Sunday. Then I will discuss all the details with you. OKAY??" Rishab calms down, nods his head and says," Sorry."  He then gets up from his chair and goes out. Sanjana keeps on thinking, 'Wow, he got defensive. Hope everything is Okay.'