Chapter 33

Rishab is speechless after seeing Ritika. It has been more than four years since she had left him. He had once dreamt of starting a life with her but she had broken his dreams along with his heart. He had no idea she had got married to Arun Singhania, a man much older to her. It was obvious that she did this for money.

"Hey, Rishab are you alright. My wife is saying something", Arun Singhania says bringing him back to the present. He looks at Ritika smiling at him and says,"Hello Mrs.Singhania." Sachin smiles and speaks after turning to Ritika," Hello Mrs. Singhania.. Sachin Patel." Ritika smiles and says," Hi Sachin c'mon you don't have to introduce yourself. Where is Arti?" Arun Singhania looks at his wife and says,"You know him?" Ritika smiles and says,"Ofcouse. I had told you na..You forget things these days. I used to study fashion with Arti in London. Sachin is Arti's husband." Arun Singhania smiles and says," O well well..Lets get inside..I want a drink.."

Once inside, Arun Singhania meets every body and shows his trophy wife to all. Rishab stays silent during the entire time as Arun Singhania and his wife move around meeting alaaal. He is worried now thinking about what he has gotten himself into. Everything now seems wrong but he can't do anything anymore. All deals are done and he has no other option left.

Arun and Ritika meet Sanjana who gets surprised seeing her. She however controls herself and interacts with them. Later Sanjana goes to Arti and says," Did you see her? I can't believe she could marry him just for money." Arti replies," She might marry anyone, I really don't care. But why is she here? I am just worried about that."

Khushi is unaware of the happenings in the party. She is busy talking with people, showing her dress. She comes to Arti and finding her worried asks," What is the matter?" Arti doesn't say anything just smiles. Khushi continues,"Is that old man Arun Singhania? Who is the woman with him?" Arti looking at Ritika says," His wife." Khushi looks surprised and asks," What? Uss budhe ki itni young wife? Woh toh kissi model se kaam nahi lagti hai..Why did she marry that fat, old man?" Arti says," She was a model."

Khushi starts laughing. She is about to say something when Ritika comes near them. She smiles and gives Arti a hug, saying," Hi Arti, How are you? Long time na." Arti says,"I am good. And you seem great." Ritika smiles and says," O yes,I am really great. Happy in my life. Enjoying it. Who is this girl?" Arti looking at Khushi says,"This is Khushi. Friend of ours. She works in the company too." Ritika ignores her and says," Well, nothing much has changed. You, Sachin and ..Rishab all are the same. I am so excited to be back in Mumbai." Arti asks," What do you mean by back in Mumbai?" Ritika smiles and says," Well we have purchased a house here. Arun has a big business in Delhi but now he wants to start his business here too. So we will be staying here now. It will be fun catching up with old friends, especially you all and Rishab."

Ritika leaves and Khushi is left confused. She has absolutely no idea what was happening. She asks Arti," What happened? You both know each other. Right?" Arti holds Khushi's hands and says,"Promise me, you will not react here." Khushi nods her head and Arti says,"That woman, Arun Singhania's wife is none other than Ritika." Khushi takes time to register the fact that this Ritika is Rishab's ex. As soon as she gets the thing, she turns to look at her. After few seconds, her face turns sad, tears comes into her eyes. Pulling her lower lips out, she starts whimpering. Arti finding that soon she will start crying, takes her into the empty lounge area.

Arti makes Khushi to sit down and she starts crying,"Mereko nahi rehna yahan pe.. meroko ghar jana hai..Ammaa.." Arti says,"Tu roh kyun rahi hai? What is there to cry?" Khushi still crying says," Ab meri shaadi kaise hogi Rishab ke saath? Amma...Rishab has not said I love you yet and now.." Arti trying to calm her down says,"Your marriage will happen with Rishi. We all will make this happen. Don't cry." Khushi still crying says,"Rishab will now look at her and not me. She is looking glamourous like a model. And I am.. Amma...Rishab will no longer look at me.."