Chapter 18

Rishab and Sachin are sitting on the table outside. Party is over and guests have left. Arti comes out and sits beside them. Rishab asks,"Where is Khushi?" Arti replies,"What Rishi can't leave a second without her??" Sachin laughs and says,"Pyar hame kis mod pe le aya..." Rishab gives him an angry look and says,"Please yaar stop it.. What pyar??I  hardly know her. And besides she is a kid..I am much older to her..All I do is care for her as she is nice girl with so much innocence." Sachin says,"Bhai don't get angry..Fine there is no love but if you do fall in love with her, there is nothing wrong. And what kid, she is not a kid.." Rishab does not say anything.
Arti understands and says,"Now enough of leg pulling Sachin..Rishab, you relax now. Khushi has fallen asleep on the couch. I will call her before you leave..Now plans for tomorrow.." Rishab says,"I have booked hotel rooms for tomorrow and I will be here with my jeep to pick you guys. Tell me the time..We have to leave early." Arti says,"There is a slight change of plans..You have to cancel the hotel bookings..We are not going to Lonavla." Rishab looks surprised, he asks,"What do you mean by not going to Lonavla??You only wanted to go." Sachin smiling replies for Arti,"Well you see, Arti now wants to go to somewhere where there is beach and sand.." Rising his eyebrow Rishab asks,"Arti wants to be near beach?? As if Arti has been away from it from long time.Really Sachin??You both think I am a fool. What's really going on tell me now?" Arti says,"Well actually Khushi wants to be at the beach..She comes from hills and wants to enjoy the beach.." Rishab interrupts,"Khushi??In sab mein Khushi kahan se ayi? Don't tell me you asked her to come with us." Arti nods her head and immediately says,"It will be fun..Sachin has already talked and rooms will be ready at the farmhouse. It has been ages that we have been there together." Rishab becomes serious and says,"Farmhouse? Alibaug?? Really You know how I feel there.." Sachin puts his hand on his shoulder and says,"Past ko chod..It will be good for you. Trust me." Arti says,"Do this for that girl..She really wants to go there." Rishab has nothing more to say. He can't show his weakness in front of his friends.

Rishab gets up and asks Arti to wake up Khushi. He goes out to his car and waits for Khushi to come. Khushi comes with Arti and Sachin and they bid good byes. She gets into the car and falls asleep as soon as they drive away. Rishab looks at her and thinks how peacefully she is sleeping. He thinks,' Alibaug..so much memories there..some good and some bad..Khushi wants to visit the place. I shouldn't play the spoil sport. I don't know why but I want to see her happy, always.' The car stops at Khushi's apartment. Rishab looks at Khushi and finds she is still asleep. Her hair have covered her face. He slowly removes them from her face and in this process his fingers touches her cheeks. She looks so beautiful he thinks. He calls her by her name to wake her up. Khushi wakes up yawning and asks,"Have..we...reached the farmhouse?" Rishab smiles and replies,"No, we have reached your place..wake up..Dreaming about the framhouse??" Khushi rubs her eyes and says,"Yes, Arti di told me about their farmhouse at Alibaug. I was dreaming about it..You will come tomorrow morning to pick me up na??" Rishab says yes and Khushi gets down saying bye.

Next morning Rishab take out his jeep and drives to Khushi's place. Khushi comes out and jumps in excitement saying,"Wow, are we going in this jeep? It's just amazing..I can't wait to ride on this. By the way how many automobiles do you have? Do you have any motorbike?? Bolona.." Rishab says,"Bolne dogi toh bolunga..but first get in..Okay..Yes we are going in this jeep otherwise why would I have brought this here..Isn't it? Secondly I have three automobiles including my grandfather's car. Thirdly yes I  do have a motorbike. And before you ask, yes I will take you out on it someday. Any more questions dear??" Khushi gives a big smile as they reach Arti and Sachin's place. Together they all leave for Alibaug.

All along the way, they talk, laugh and have fun. Rishab feels happy and relaxed. He enjoys the company of his friends and Khushi. After about two hours they reach Sachin's farmhouse at Alibaug.. Some people who take care of the place come out and greet every one. One lady comes and takes Arushi with her.  They all get down and Arti along with excited Khushi goes inside. Sachin and Rishab pick up the bags from the jeep which is carried inside by the people working there. They enter the place together and find Khushi and Arti sitting on the big couch. An old man comes out and with a big smile puts his hand on Arti's head. He smiles at Khushi and turns to find Sachin entering. He goes and hugs Sachin. Arti tells Khushi that the man is Madhavrao kaka, the caretaker of the place. His family has been with the Sachin's family from generations. He then finds Rishab standing behind Sachin and tears come into his eyes. He hugs him too and says,"Kitne salon baad aye Rishi baba..Baini jab thi kitna ate the.." He wipes his tears and tells his wife to prepare special halvo for Rishab.

Rishab avoids looking at anybody and goes in to his room. Arti says, "Baini is Rishab's mother. Sachin, mine and Rishab's families were close. So we all used to come here on holidays. Rishi's mother used to love this place and she used to visit here often with him. He doesn't come here anymore as this place reminds him about his mother. He had been here once or twice after that and that time.. chodo.. you go and get fresh, we will go to the beach.." Khushi replies,"How old was Rishab when his mother died?" Arti replies,"He was just 10 years old." Arti leaves carrying Arushi with her. Khushi goes to her room thinking about Rishab. She could relate to the pain of losing one's mother. She too feels the same pain. She had her father to fill the space to some extent and take care of her. However the same cannot be said for Rishab. She had seen something that day which had made her think so. She decided she will talk to him and make him feel good. She can't see Rishab in any kind of pain..