Chapter 28

Khushi is on a mission today, she has named it 'Mission Khadooson ka Milap'. Yes she has to remove the age old barrier between the Khurana father and son duo. At least she has to try, she can't see Rishab sad anymore. But both of them are very khadoos so it's very difficult job to bring them on a same page.

In the morning, Khushi makes the plan to leave for office and take the first step of the mission. She kisses Rishab on his cheeks and tells him that Dadi will come after some time. She leaves to go to Khurana house.

Khushi arrives at the house and goes to the library where Rishab's father spends his time. She knocks on the door and enters. Akhilesh's face lightens up seeing her. He says," Very Good Morning beta! Come in." Khushi goes and gives him a hug and sits on a chair beside him. He says," Your Dadi and Raju have left for Rishab's place. Let me call somebody to get you something." Khushi smiles and tells him," No uncle, I just had a breakfast with Rishab. I had come to return your books that you had given me." Akhilesh smiles and says,"You have finished reading? Good. I have a nice book for you to read. I will give it to you. Just wait." He is about to get up when Khushi stops him by saying," No uncle I don't need it now. I have been reading one from Rishab's library." Akhilesh is surprised, he asks,"O Rishab has a library? Where?" Khushi excitedly tells him about small library that Rishab has in his apartment. She says,"There are some pretty awesome collection of books he has got in that small space. You have no idea he is an avid reader. He is just like you." She thinks,'Both attitude wale, ziddi bhi kuch kaam nahi aur gussa toh do no mein bhar bhar ke hai.'

Akhilesh doesn't reply, he knows he has never made any attempt to know his son. His ego has stopped him from getting any closer to him. Khushi says," Kya hua uncle? What are you thinking?" Akhilesh smiles and says," I never knew he loves books." Khushi knew this is opportunity, she says,"Uncle why don't you talk to your son like everyone does? Don't you love him?" Akhilesh doesn't know how to reply, he says,"A father always love his child." Khushi continues her questions,"I had lost my mother when I was young and my father had made sure I never miss her. Rishab too has lost his mother when he was child. Did you take similar care?" Khushi knew this was the last chance either it will break the ice or it won't work at all. Akhilesh remained silent for sometime and then he asked,"What do you know about Rishab's childhood? " Khushi crosses her finger and says," I know he was too young when aunty passed away in an accident and then he went to boarding school." Akhilesh looks sad, he says,"I loved Rishab's mother very much. When she left me, I was broken. Rishab was in the car with her that night. I was relieved that he was okay but I was angry that I lost her. I started shouting, getting angry on Rishab and every body else after that. After Rishab was sent to boarding school, I got myself busy with work. Later I realised how wrong it was but I could not find a way to express that. Today he has gone very far away from me." Khushi says,"You can always make an attempt before accepting it's too late. You had been angry at the hospital yesterday and that's why he didn't come here. I know you were worried but the thing just came out in a wrong way." Akhilesh says,"I got angry when I came to know that the accident happened because of his fault. If something would have happened then.." Khushi puts a hand on his hands and says," He needs you uncle. He has been needing a father all his life. Show him you are there for him. It's never too late in relationships."

Rishab is sitting on his sofa in his bedroom with his head on the back and eyes closed. He feels a hand caressing his head. He opens his eyes to see his father standing in front of him. He hurriedly gets up and asks," Aap Yahaan? When did you come?" His father feeling little uncomfortable says,"Did I wake you up?" Rishab is uncomfortable too, he replies," I was not sleeping...You need anything? Dadi was here,she just went outside." Akhilesh looks around the room and says,"I have met here while coming in. I actually..I mean I came to pick her up..Khushi will return soon..Well..How are you feeling now?" Rishab replies," I am feeling better today." Both stand facing each other and there is an akwardness between the two. After few seconds,Rishab says,"You please sit..your legs must be aching." Akhilesh sits on the sofa and Rishab moves near the bed and sits there. Few minutes passes away and there is no conversation. Akhilesh then says," I heard that you have built a small library here. Where is it?" Rishab replies," Khushi must have told you. That girl can't keep anything in her stomach. Yes, I have a collection of books. But it's hardly a library, just few shelves...You want to see?"

Rishab takes his father to the second room. His father looks around the two big built in shelves on the walls full of books. He takes a few out, go through the pages and puts them back. There is a shelf that holds Ranvir Malhotra's books. His father asks," I have heard that this Ranvir is one of our best seller author." Rishab says," Yes, among others." Akhilesh sits on the chair and says," You have some nice books here. I never knew you loved to read." Rishab stays silent. Akhilesh looks at him and says," I had been very hard on you.. Never have I tried to know you or talk to you normally." Rishab looks at his father. He is surprised that his father is talking like this to him. Akhilesh continues,"You have been a good son, never raised your voice or did anything wrong. I have never said this to you but I would like to know you more. I know it might surprise you but I really mean it. We must talk more like...normal father and son." His father extends his hand to shake and Rishab looks at it for few seconds and extend his left hand as his right hand is in bandages.

His father and Dadi leaves and Khushi returns half an hour later. Rishab smiles from the couch of the living room as she enters. He stands up slowly and Khushi gets into his arms to hug him. Rishab tightly hugs her and kisses her forehead. Khushi asks," Wow! Forehead kiss? Kya baat hai? Some one seems happy today.." Rishab not leaving her says," You are a magician right." Khushi looks at him still hugging him and asks,"What? I don't know any magic. I had seen magic shows when I was in school. The magician had brought out pigeons and rabits out of a hat. I never showed you anything like that then why are calling me a magician?" Rishab laughs and then says," Gadhi hai poori." He again kisses her head and says,"Not all magicians pull out pigeons from their hats, some bring out the love that is hidden deep inside. You are one of such magician. I know you had talked with my dad. He for the first time talked face to face like I am his son and not just an employee at his company. Thanks Khushi for giving me attention from my father." He hugs Khushi tightly and closes his eyes.

After dinner, Khushi goes into the bedroom but Rishab is not present. She waits for sometime thinking if he is in the bathroom. When he does not come out, she goes and knocks at the door. She asks," Aaj kya bathroom me sone ka iraada hai?" Rishab says," Woh mein medicines laganeki koshis kar raha hun. But.." Khushi says," Please come out. I will help." Rishab comes after few minutes. He has a bare body and he tries to cover himself with a towel. Khushi looks at him, biting her lower lips says," You have got a nice physic then why are you hiding it with the towel? Sharam arahi hai kya??" And she starts laughing. Rishab starts to blush but says," What do you mean? Why would I feel shy? If you don't want to help, I am going." Khushi control herself and asks him to sit on the bed. There is a nasty cut on his right hand, right shoulder and back that requires dressing. Khushi starts with his hand, then dresses his back and then puts medicines and covers the shoulder wound. She then says," All done. Is it possible to do these on your own? I am here to take care of you. You have to wait for me to do that. But no.." She starts laughing again and pinching his cheeks she says,"My little shy boy, mer kulu, mujhse shrama raha tha." Rishab pulls Khushi closer by holding her waist and lays her on the bed. He rolls himself over her, holding her hands he says,"What did you say? I am shy, really?" Khushi replies," Pagal toh nahi ho gaye ho? Leave na.. " He doesn't listens and brings his face near her. Their lips are just so close and she can feel his breath on her face. Khushi gets nervous,her cheeks becomes red, no words come out of her mouth and she closes her eyes. Rishab slowly whispers,"Who is shy now baby?" And he starts laughing and rolls over on the other side of the bed. Khushi opens her eyes and says," Kitna ka..I mean kitna gande ho..I am hurt. I will not talk to you now. I am going to my room. You sleep alone here. Bye." Rishab in his laughing bout pulls Kushi towards him on the bed and hugs her tightly. Khushi shouts,"Amma..chod..You will get hurt..I just dressed your wounds." Rishab says," You are my medicines. I will not get hurt when you are with me..Ab jane ki baat mat karna. I may hurt you or get angry but you are staying here only." He kisses her head and Khushi blushes.