Chapter 31

"Aaj mein upar, asma niche..aaj mein aage, zamana hai piche.. Tell me O khuda.. ab mein kya karun..kabhi sidhe ya ulti chaloon.." Khushi is singing inside the bathroom. She couldn't sleep the whole night. She was watching him sleeping, listening his heartbeat. The feeling of being in love can bring so much happiness. Just then Rishab knocks at the bathroom door. He says," Nice song! Sorry to disturb your singing but I need to talk to you. Can you come out?" Khushi pops her head out and says," Are you leaving now?" Rishab smiles and says," I will in half an hour. I have something very important to tell you. I have been meaning to tell you for few days but got busy. I have something  that I have been meaning to give you. You come to room after you bath." Rishab leaves after telling her that.

Khushi starts thinking,'Haye kahin yeh khadoos mujhe propose toh nahi Karen wala hai! Hey Waheguruji please yeh sacch kar do..please..please..Will he give me a ring? Ask me to marry? Wow!! Haye mein toh mar jayungi!!' She comes out of the bathroom, gets ready and calls Arti. She picks up the call and says,"Kya Khushi itni subha subha call? Anything interesting?" Khushi excitedly says," I think Mr.Khadoos will propose to me today. He said he has something important to say and something to give me..I am so nervous. Kya karoon? " Arti replies," Control doll. I am not sure he will accept his feelings so easily. But agar use bewkoof ko akal aagayi hai then it's just great. You take a deep breathe and go near him. Call me asap..bye."

Khushi nervously enters the room to find Rishab near his desk on his laptop. She says,"Rishab, busy?" Rishab turns to see Khushi standing near the door. He says," What are you doing there? Come here.." Khushi slowly comes near the desk and Rishab gets up. He holds her hands and says," Baby I know I have been so busy that I have not been able to talk to you properly. I am sorry for that. I wanted to tell you something but I hadn't got time for it." Khushi starts blushing. Rishab puts her hairlock behind her ears and says," You have so much talent. You write well I have seen. I wanted you to tell that from a long time now. You should start writing." Khushi looks at him confused. He says," I have got you a laptop. You write on that. We both can sit together and check. I will edit it myself. Then we will think about publishing. That was your dream na? I want all your dreams to come true." He brings out a laptop from behind and hands it to her. Khushi's face turns down, all her excitement gone down the drains. Rishab looks at her face and says," What happened? Are you not happy? Did I do something again?" Khushi shakes her head. Rishab pulls her into his arms and says,"One more thing, please don't get angry. I have to go to Delhi today and will return tomorrow evening. If you want you can stay the night with Arti. Please visit Dadi once, she was asking for you. If you can go tomorrow there after office, I will pick you up in the evening.." Khushi replies,"Hmm.." Rishab kisses her head, says bye and leaves.

Khushi is upset that she didn't get her 'ever-wanting propose' from Rishab. She didn't pick up the call from Arti as she was feeling embarrassed. Rishab leaves for Delhi and he looks at her as if to say bye before leaving. Khushi starts missing him.

Khushi hears the same girls talking about her and Rishab while she is in the bathroom. One of them says," Did you see Khushi's face today? Can't leave without her Rishab!" They laugh then another one says," Arey I saw Rishab looking at her before he left..Madly in love." Another girl says," Love? No way. Can you really believe someone like Rishab is in love with girl like Khushi? He is just using her. And Khushi is using him to get permanent job here. It's so obvious." Khushi couldn't take this anymore. She comes out of the bathroom and says," Tum logon ko sharam nahi ati hai..He is your boss, give some respect. What did you say, using? You must be using people for advantages. Don't think everyone is the same. Woh friend hai mera, nahi sunungi uske baremein kuch bhi galat salat Talk about me, I don't care but don't dare say anything about Rishab. And it is none of your business if we are in love or just friends. Apna kaam karo jiske liye ayeho yahaan. Next time bakwass ki na then.." The girls leave the restroom immediately.

Khushi is fuming with anger now. First the morning incident and then these girls. She goes to Arti's place and starts taking out her anger by blaming Rishab. "I hate him..I..I just hate him. Kame..I mean..ganda hai woh. I just hate him. He hurts me, because of him I had to hear all those things. He didn't even say that he loves him. I hate him..dekho call bhi nahi kiya." She starts crying and Arti hugs her, and consoles her. She promises," I will scold him and talk to him. Promise. Now stop crying."

Khushi goes to Khurana house on the next day after office. She talks with Rishab's father and Dadi normally. But she is still upset about the previous day's events. Khushi notices Akhilesh Khurana is bit quiet today, thinking about something may be. Rishab enters the living room of the Khurana house to find every one there on the sofa. He hugs his Dadi and says hello to his father. He sits down and Raju brings him a glass of water. He looks tensed and tired.

Dadi asks Rishab about his trip and as he is about to say something when his Dad says,"I heard that the investors left today. Is it true?" Rishab looks at him and says,"Yes. I tried to convince them but I don't know what happened." Akhilesh face hardens and he says,"You haven't tried enough.You still didn't learn how to do the business all these years. I had given everything to this business and now it's getting ruined because of your irresponsible behaviour. Josh se sab nahi hota. It's your fault that the investors left. They have lost the trust in you." Rishab had enough, he couldn't take the blame anymore. He says,"Really dad! Everything is my fault? I am irresponsible? Right..I have been working hard for these seven years to save this company. But you haven't seen that. You had the investors but the company was in loss when I took it from you. Remember. I did everything to make it profitable again. But that is my irresponsible behaviour. Right. Right..I am done proving you that I am capable enough to run this family legacy." Dadi tries to calm him down but it doesn't work. He says,"You have always blamed me for everything. For mom's death, for Ritika and for all failures. Not once have you believed in me, not once you have considered me as your son but just an employee working at your company." He stands up and says," I was happy that we were coming closer. But....Khushi you want to stay or you will go with me." Khushi stands up and follows him as he leaves the house.

All the way, both of them remain silent. Khushi had never seen him getting angry on his father. He must be too hurt to do so. After reaching home, Rishab goes into his room and closes the door. Khushi throws her bag on the sofa thinking,'Mere pyar ki baand bajni thi ase? Now when will I hear from him that he loves me? Abhi phir se do Khadooson ka milap karana padega?? I am sooo tired..'

After nearly an hour, Khushi enters the bedroom slowly. Rishab is sitting on his desk looking at his laptop. Khushi puts her hand on his shoulders and gives him a kiss on his head. She puts her hands around his head and says," Will you talk now please?" Rishab lowers his head," I can't do this anymore. I feel like leaving everything up and go somewhere." Khushi says,"Kasauli chalein? It's peaceful there. Tumhara gussa bhi kaam ho jayega." Rishab smiles and says,"I  wish I could go there. But this company..It's a big responsibility to carry family legacy. I don't know what to do.." Khushi puts her chin on his head and says,"Don't worry everything will be alright..Trust me. My baba used to say, har kharap time ek test hota hai, you must be patient and soon you will come out of it, victorious. Never loose hope." Rishab gets up and takes her into his arms and putting his chin on her head says," You have become very important for me..You are my strength..Never leave me.." He kisses her head. Khushi putting her face into his chest hugs him tightly and says to herself,'You may not realise this but I can no longer go away from you. I love you sooo much. You will say it back to me someday, I know. I will be waiting from you to hear the words to say 'I love you'.

Hi all,
Sorry for late update..Hope you will like this chapter..keep reading and vote please.
Lots of 💕💕💕