Chapter SIX

(Anna and Jacob)

Tris's POV
"Listen everyone , we will split up , the murderer is obviously in the island since no boats are coming or going from here ."

The second day we woke up at Mason calling us . He had an idea that we watch every single person or someone that looks suspicious ,
to find the murderer .

"Okay , Anna and Jacob will search in the rooms . Mira and Theo will search near the beach . Bella and Charlie will search the basement . Romy and Becca will search the maids staff . Me and Tris will search in the names of the people here . Good luck everyone meet us back in 2 hours in the lobby with all the informations you get ." We all nodded and everyone left .

"Okay I know who can help us in the names ." I said.

"Let's go then Tris ."

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"Here's the list of the names . There is new people working here but most of them have been here for years now." Amara said .

"Okay thank you Amara . Please be careful ."

"Don't worry about me . I'll see you at dinner ."

Staff names :
- Amara Smith : joined in 1990 .
- Chris Jones : joined in 2010 .
- Michael Brown: joined 2006.
- Mark Lee : joined 2003. (Dead) .
- Paul Rodriguez: joined 2009.
- Maria Lopez : joined 1990 .
- Jake Garcia : joined 2014.(Dead).
- James Gonzalez: joined 2018 .
- Samuel Williams : joined 2016 .
- David Johnson: joined 2018 .
- Mike Smith : joined 1990.
- Natasha Gabriels : joined 2001.

"Here I found those names . I'll keep this list with me . Did you find anything suspicious?"

"I'm suspecting the ones who joined in 2018 . 2 years ago . They are new here . James Gonzalez and David Johnson. David's parents died so he wanted to get away from people that's why he came here . James broke up with his girlfriend so he came here heartbroken. That's what is written about them ." He explained.

"There's something strange . Who's the owner of this place ? Who built this hotel , who hires and who fires ."

"I found nothing about the owner ."

"Tris, Mason come quickly we found something !" Bella exclaimed.

"What did you find Bella ?"

"Just come on." We ran behind her . Apparently we were going to the basement . I was hit by a horrible smell.

"What's this smell ?!" I said covering my nose .

"You'll see ."

We arrived at a big door . She opened it and I nearly fainted from what I saw . Thousands of skeletons were thrown in a big well . I took a step back . Mason put his hand on my back holding me from fainting.

"We'll end up like this if we don't get out of here ." I had by now tears in my eyes.

"OMG !" Anna and the others joined us and saw the terrifying view . Theo was next to me saying something to Mason but I couldn't concentrate . Wait .

"Theo where's Mira ?"

"She saw this and left quickly ." What . I ran back upstairs shouting Mira's name .

"I'm here ." I ran as fast as I could and hugged her .

"Thank god thank god."

"What's wrong Tris ?" She held my face in her hands .

"Don't leave alone again !" I said backing away .

"I'm sorry but I couldn't stay there ."

"I understand but we are all here in danger . We have to stick together ." She nodded and we left to the lobby where everyone were waiting for us .

•••••••••••••••••••••

"What if we build a boat ?" Theo suggested.

"We'll need weeks and months ."

"Tris is right . If we want to build a boat we'll have to build a big one . We're 10 people and the staff here are in danger too ." Mason said .

"Exactly and we will have to load it with food ." We looked at Charlie raising an eyebrow. He patted his stomach and we laughed .

"Let's just hope that this day ends without anyone dead ." My face turned white when I remembered that scene . What if we end up like them .

"How did all these people die here , and how nobody ever heard about this !"

"Maybe they kept it hidden . "

"Yes Becca but all these people had families or friends waiting for them obviously."

"She's right. That's really strange." Charlie said.

"Tomorrow we will search the library maybe we can find something about them . " Jacob said .

"I hope we don't end like them . I'll go sleep a bit ." I said yawning.

"Mira go with her ." Mason ordered .

"Yes I will . We should never leave alone ."

"Be careful Mira ." Theo said . She nodded and we went up .

                            •••••••••••••••••••••

"So you and Theo huh ?" After my 30 minutes sleep I woke up and didn't feel like seeing anyone but Mira who was already with me . Mira blushed and looked down .

"Don't be shy just tell me ."

"I like him ." Ouhh.

"Andd ? Does he like you back ?" I asked eagerly.

"I don't know but he does treat me different than the others ."

"That's good ." I told her . "Anna and Jacob too do you see them ? " I said smirking .

"Yes and there's Charlie and Bella ." She laughed.

"That's cool ." I said.

"Come on Tris we know you and Mason like each other ."

"Me ? Him? Psh no ." I laughed nervously.

"Yeah yeah keep telling yourself that ."

"Shut up ." I threw at her a pillow .

"It's a good start for you Tris . Away from Blake and with a new person ."

"I don't think Mason is that type of guys . He's so mysterious . I know nothing about him , or his life. How he was living . And I don't think we'll get out of here alive ."

"Don't say that Tris . I believe we'll get out here soon . We'll get married to the love of our lives , that we found here , and have kids . These kids will be best friends."

"I really hope that these dreams will come true . By each passing day I feel like it's the last day . What does this person want from us ." She squeezed my hand .

"We'll be okay Tris I promise ." How could I tell her that she was threatened.

"Yes Mira we'll be fine ." I squeezed her hand back . The door bursted open and in came the girls .

"Don't you know how to knock ." I rolled my eyes .

"There's been another murder ."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment .
❤️❤️