Chapter NINE

Tris's POV

"Mira do you see what I see ."

"Yes!"  We sneaked downstairs and found a room clean with a chimney with fire in it . Along with a long table in the center with food on it . Blankets and pillows were put aside with mattresses.

"Let's tell the others ." I nodded and went back up .

"Guys follow us ." It was freezing in the house's entrance .

"Where to ?"

"Just come on ." We got down and everyone had hid jaw dropped .

"What the hell !" Mason exclaimed.

"Who did this ?" Romy asked .

"I don't know we found it like this . Look and there's food right there ." I said grabbing a plate and putting some soup .

"Tris stop ! What if the food is poisoned !"

"Fine but we'll try something." They looked at me puzzled. I took a knife and cut my palm. I put some soup on the droplets of blood . Nothing happened .

"The food is not poisoned then ."

"What the-" Charlie started saying but got cut by Romy .

"Smartass ." She mumbled .

"I don't know about you but I'm famished . I'll eat and I don't care if I die tonight. I prefer dying full than dying with no food in my stomach ." With that I started eating . Soon they all joined me .

"Goodnight guys ." After our dinner we chatted and then we put the mattresses next to each other and laid .

I woke up but it was stil dark outside . I looked at my phone it was 3:40 in the morning . I got up . They were all still sleeping . I left back upstairs. I was curious as I started hearing sounds . Slowly I walked towards the sound . It looked like someone was hitting a door with something sharp .

"Sam?"

"Tris ? Why are you up ?"

"I couldn't sleep ."

"Me too I sat there until I heard these sounds ."

"Let's see what's happening. "

"I prefer no ."

"Why ?"

"We don't know what we might see . It's a place where many people were dead maybe their ghosts still live here ."

"Sam there's no ghosts come on ."

"Hell no !" I took his hand but he refused to come with me . I still forced him but he tripped and gold pieces started falling from him .

"What's this !! Sam why do you have so much gold ? Wait did you steal it ?!"

"NO ! I just well this gold is left to no one ."

"But you told us about the curse remember ."

"I don't care about the curse . I just want this gold so when I leave this shitty island I could live happily in LA ."

"No stop . Leave them ."

"You stop Tris ." I looked at him for a couple of seconds and dropped the topic . After all he'll be the one affected by the curse and I wasn't that caring person so I don't care .

"Fine as you like ." I turned and left to have a walk on the beach but instead I fall asleep again on the sand .

•••••••••••••••••••••