Chapter SEVEN

(Bella and Charlie )

Tris's POV

"Omg !" In the center of the lobby a guy was hanged. We screamed in horror. I was shaking.

"Amara do you know who's this ?" Mason asked her, rubbing my back in comfort.

"Yes it's James Gonzalez ." She was pale . I just stared at the poor guy . On his back a big U was stamped .

"Tris come on ." Mason said but I couldn't move .

"Tris do you hear me ? TRIS ." He was now shaking me .

"Y-yes ." He turned me around and guided me towards my room . We sat on my bed and I broke down . 3 people were dead in front of my eyes . I've been here for 3 days and 3 bodies were found .

"I c-can't take it a-anymore ." I cried and he pulled to him . He hugged me ant I let everything out .

"We will leave here all of us I promise."

                       ••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Blake stop !"

"No baby why please come back ."

"No ! Stop following me ."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to cheat on you . I was just drunk ."

"Yeah that's what they all say ." He held my hand preventing me from leaving .

"Please let me go ."

"Never "

I woke up sweating. Another nightmare. I hated now to even see his face . I took a quick shower and got dressed . Today we'll go to the library to try and find something useful. I was so stressed lately and it was affecting me badly.

"WAKE UP GIRLS !" I heard groans from all the rooms . Oh yeah .

"SINCE WE ARE NOT GIRLS CAN WE SLEEP ?" I heard Charlie yelling . Oh I forgot they were staying with us .

"NO WAKE UP BOYS !"

"I hate you Tris . Ow !" I hit Charlie by a remote when I saw him leaving his room .

"That's called abusing." He frowned.

"Oops." I smirked .

"I'm going down . Follow me when you finish ." No one replied and I knew they were busy .

I went down and to the beach . It was so calm and I felt for once at peace . I sat on the sand and looked at the waves .

"Tris ? We searched for you everywhere we were scared." A worried Mason ran towards me .

"Sorry I was just enjoying the view ." I said not looking at him .

"You had another nightmare ?" I nodded . We sat in silence for a few minutes .

"Come on we must join the others." He offered me his hand and I took it getting up .

••••••••••••••••••••••

"In this book is written all about this island ." After 2 and half hours of searching the library we found a book named "The Island." Finally we will get our answers.

Book : The island .
This island has no name . We knew about the existence of this island in 1794. Soon we turned it into a tourist place . But after 5 years in 1799 one of the tourists had been murdered. We told the police and they investigated . The murderer was captured and went to jail . In 1880 another murder has taken place but by another person . Soon this island turned into a place for killing . Not a single person left the island alive . If you are reading this book it's probably your last . Enjoy what's left from your lives .
The ones that discovered this island .

"Bullshit!" I closed the book.

"The rest of the book is half maps ." Romy explained.

"Look there!" Weturned at the direction Theo told us about and we found a pile of newspapers . I read the first .

'The disappearance of 15 persons in the middle of the Pacific ocean in 1887 .'

'20 persons were drowned in the Pacific ocean in 1991.'

'59 persons were lost during a storm in the Pacific ocean in 1994 .'

'Due to the change of weather , 30 persons were lost with their boat in the Pacific ocean .'

'67 persons were-'

I closed the next newspaper. I read 5 newspapers and about 191 were dead in the Pacific ocean .

"Wait . Amara started working here in 1990 . In 1991 and 1994 , 79 persons were killed . And I'm sure they were killed on this island and not drowned in the ocean . Let's go ask her ."

We went upstairs and searched for Amara . She was in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey Amara ." She turned towards me and smiled . I could see the tears in her eyes due to the death of poor James .

"Hello Tris . What can I help you with ?"

"Amara in 1991 after 1 year of you working here , 20 persons were killed or what's written in the newspaper is the drowned in the pacific ocean . Did you see them leaving ?"

"Actually no. When we woke up in the morning we saw that they disappeared along with their luggages and the boat they came in."

"So you didn't see them leaving ?"

"No dear nobody saw them leaving." I looked at my friends and then back to Amara.

"In 1994 , it was said that 59 persons were also lost in the Pacific ocean. Did you see them leaving ?"

"It's the same for them too . Every visitor that came here ended up dying in the Pacific ocean . We didn't see anyone of them before they left ."

"Who's the owner of this place . I mean who hired you ?"

"There was this old lady , she hired me and my brother but after 3 years she died . After her I was the one who hired the staff here ."

"What was the old lady's name ?"

"I forgot dear ." I nodded understanding and we left .

"Okay we'll look in these maps maybe we'll find where the murderer is staying ."

"Hey guys." We turned around to find a tall man with brown hair and brown eyes . He looked uneasy having all our eyes on him .

"Hi . Who are you ?"

"My name's Samuel Williams . I work here ."

"Pleasure to meet you."

"I can help you if you want . You know with your search. I've been here for a couple of years . I know the way around . I was the adventurous type unlike the others here ." He said laughing .

"Great . We will need your help !"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment .
❤️❤️