Chapter EIGHT

Tris's POV

"So Sam tell us about yourself ." Anna told him.

"I came here in 2016 after I lost everything . It's a nice place but people usually leave in the middle of night and then we hear that they are dead . It is strange that this time members from the staff are being killed in front of all of us ."

"Yeah it is strange. Why would the murderer change what happened in the past 200 years ." I said .

"Exactly that's why I want to help you guys . I fear my life and the life of the ones that are my family for 4 years now ." He said with tears in his eyes. Poor guy I know what he must be feeling right now

We were discovering the island with Sam . He new his way around here and it was getting a bit late . It's 4 in the afternoon we've been already roaming here for 1 hour and a half but still couldn't arrive to our destination' as Sam calls it . The island was so beautiful and we saw lots of strange birds that had us amazed .

"Where are we going exactly?" Becca asked .

"There is an abandoned mansion on the island . Maybe the murderer is staying in it ." He explained.

"Here we arrived ." Sam exclaimed.

We arrived in front of a big gate

We arrived in front of a big gate . This place was creepy and I'm thankful that we were 11 persons and I'm not alone . It was getting dark but thankfully we all had our phones . As we entered the gates , a huge mansion was in front of us .

 As we entered the gates , a huge mansion was in front of us

"This place is so creepy ." I said looking around .

"Yes indeed . This place has a strange story ."

"Tell us Sam what is the story ?" Bella loved history so I wasn't surprised from her eagerness to know the story .

"They say that in 1664 , a ma called Sir William owned this island . The island's name was 'W-G-island' William Garcia Island . He discovered this place and named it after him . But he was lonely here so he traveled back to new york and met his wife . Christine Garcia . I didn't know her last name . He brought her here and built for her this mansion . They lived for 5 years happily here until one tragic night , a criminal gang attacked the island . They killed the pregnant wife and stole gold and money . When William saw his wife and child dead he casted a curse on everyone who touches his gold and money . The criminals where killed harshly due to the curse , they say that some started decomposing from the inside and others got sick and bleed from their mouth , ears and nose . The gang members were all dead in 1 year. After that William couldn't live without the love of his life so he committed suicide ." We were all looking at him terrified. Okay us the girls were looking terrified while the boys looked bored .

"That's why if you see gold in there just don't touch it okay ?" We nodded and we entered .

"Why the island doesn't have a name then if it was named after the dead guy ?"

"They say it's caused by the curse . This island couldn't bw named after her owner's death ."

We entered the mansion

We entered the mansion . There was 2 staircases that led upstairs.

"Take the left stairs ." Sam said .

"Why ?"

"If you look closely the left staircase is colored green . Which means going up . The right staircase is colored in red which means going down ."

"What's the difference ?" I asked him .

"When Sir William wanted to surprise his wife he wanted to know which staircase she will go up so he colored them . It's stupid but it is said that if you climb the red staircase" he posed looking at us "Nothing will happen go on ."  He laughed at the end , but anyways we took the green stairs . And the clumsy me decided to trip on the last stairway .

"Got you ." Mason luckily caught me .

"Sorry ." I said blushing . He nodded and we continued looking around . There was a long hallway and on each side there was sleeping rooms .

"Mason I have a bad feeling ."

"Me too Tris let's leave ."

"No we should look around . We could find something-anything that leads us to the murderer." 

"Guys ! It's heavily raining outside ! We have to go back ." Anna said .

"No we can't go back . We'll get lost in the storm ."

"But Sam-"

"Tris trust me I know this place . Let's go downstairs here we'll get soaked because there's no windows." We followed hik downstairs.

"Guys we'll stay here for the night and as soon as the storm calms down we leave . We will come back but when it's still day . I won't risk coming back here at night ." I told them .

"There's nothing wring with coming at night ." Sam said .

"Yes there is . I don't want to be stuck here again okay ?"

"She's right Sam . This place is creepy . More than 10 people died because of this place ."

"Romy is right . We can't risk losing each others ."

"But it's either you die here or at the hotel ."

"Don't say that Charlie . We will not die , we'll stay together and we'll protect each other." Bella said hugging him .

"Yes we will ." He kissed her .

"Mira look there's a staircase going down in the back ." I whispered to Mira .

"Let's check it out ." She whispered back .

We walked as quiet as possible . I knew we would found something down there but I didn't expect what we saw .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment .
❤️❤️