Chapter TWELVE

1- Becca.
2-Jacob and Anna.
3- Tris and Mason.
4- Bella and Charlie.
5- Mira and Theo.
6- Romy.

Tris's POV

I couldn't sleep. It was 2:34 in the morning and I was still awake. Today is a big day. Our families will realize that we didn't come back home yet. I was looking at the ceiling when something crashed my window. I got up quickly and looked at the paper.

'You families think that you extended the holiday. Did you think that I was a fool ? '

"No." I whispered. How will I tell the others that every hope we had was gone. Tears began falling uncontrollably. Another crash was heard and there was another paper tied to a rock.

'I didn't forget about Mira. I only took Anna instead. But you will all be dead soon. Keep your friends close.' I ran to the window and saw a shadow running towards the forest.

"Stop." I screamed. He turned around a froze in his spot. I couldn't see his face. I ran as fast as I could downstairs and exited the hotel but he was gone. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around abruptly.

"Why are you guys up?"

"We heard you scream." Mira said.

"What happened Tris." Charlie asked.

"Someone sent me these." I gave them the too letters ." After reading the second letter Theo put a protective hand around Mira.

"Now all our hopes vanished. They think we want more of this damned vacation." Mason growled.

"Maso-"

"Leave me alone Charlie!"

"Charlie it's ok I'll go with him."

"Mason wait." I ran behind him. He wouldn't stop. He was running towards the forest. An idea popped in my head. I hope he stops. I pretended that I fainted. I closed my eyes and before hitting the floor two arms captured me.

"Tris are you okay ?" He was panicking. Now I regret it but I couldn't stop him. I opened my eyes and thanked him.

"What happened?"

"I-I don't know I felt dizzy ." He nodded .

"Come with me." He said holding my hand. I blushed and nodded . We walked for ten minutes until we came across a beautiful lake in the middle of the forest.

"Wow!" I said looking around .

"Let's sit there." We sat on a big rock and stared at the lake amazed.

"Mason I know it's hard for all of us. Let your anger out. I would've let you come alone but we mustn't leave each other. I'm sorry if I-"

"I'm glad you came." He turned and looked into my eyes. We were still looking at each other. He caressed my cheek with his thumb. I never felt this way before . I was glad I came with him too.

"It's getting late let's go back."

••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Tris omg! I was so worried!" Mira said .

"Why what happened?"

"A new body was found on the beach."

We ran to the beach and found a man in his late 30s dead on the ground and blood surrounding him.

"Amara who's this?"

"Poor Mark Lee. He was going to leave this year to go back to his family." She said crying. My heart broke but we couldn't do anything.

"Please stay together! Don't leave each other whatever the reason is." Mason said in a authorized voice. He turned Mark and on his back was stamped a big I . I wrote it on the paper I kept with me. YOU WI . I think it's a you will.

Just like the others, we left his body untouched, because when we'll get out of here the police will see the bodies. My chest tightened because I knew that our chance of getting out of here is minimal.

"OK listen guys let's go back to our rooms and try to figure out a way to get out of here because the situation is getting harder and harder, I thought about building a boat we have no other option but that and I hope to finish it as soon as possible because it has been already 8 days here And still there's no sign of anyone searching for us."

"I agree with Charlie because he has a point at least we will have a chance of getting out of here instead of sitting doing nothing and hoping that someone finds us. We will search for supplies maybe we will find something useful that would help at least some of us to go and get some help and come back for all the staff and us." Mason said.

"We all agree it is a good idea at least now we have hope but no one other than us should know about this idea because I feel that the murderer with hear about what we want to do and then he was just like yesterday eliminate this hope."

And that's how we started building the boat together with everything we found in our way that's gonna be helpful. We found lots of tools in the basement and I fear what's going to happen. Charlie and Theo were experts in this thing because they learnt how to build small things but they did their best for this.

And that's how our journey began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️