Chapter EIGHTEEN

Mason's POV

I hurt her. I know. But since the second I met her I knew she wasn't like the other girls I met in my life. She was special. That was what frightened me. Long time ago I forgot what it was like to like a girl. Heck I never even experienced this feeling until now. I'm not ready for this king of feelings especially not right now. She deserved someone better than me. She told me about that shitty ex of her and every time I thought about him I felt my blood boil. He had the most amazing girl of them all yet he chose to cheat. It is hard for me to know my feelings because since I became rich , girls only wanted the money and gifts I can provide.

"Mason come join us." Mira called me. I looked at Tris but she wasn't looking at me . There was still a tension between us .

"I'll come in a minute. Tris can you come help me with something please ?" At the mention of her name she looked at me confused. She walked towards me .

"What is it?"

"We need to put these things aside." I pointed at her stuff. I really didn't mind doing it myself but I wanted her to come to me. To at least look at me .

Tris's POV

I rolled my eyes. I barely had a shirt and some make up on our 'bed' . I went to pick them up. I took the shirt and turned around but came face to face with Mason. Our noses were even touching. He was looking into my eyes like he's trying to tell me something. His eyes flicked from me eyes to my lips and I unconsciously licked my lips . He leaned in and I closed my eyes.

"What took you so long guys? Omg nooo my poor eyes !" I backed away from Mason and looked at Charlie who was putting his hands on his eyes. I blushed crimson red and looked anywhere but Mason.

"Ehm... I-I'm going to see Mira." I said exiting the tent. Shit . I was going to kiss Mason. I was going to kiss someone who doesn't like me. What was I thinking. I mentally slapped myself. I do like him. A lot actually but I can't force him to like me back. It's his own choice.

"Mira what are you doing?"

"Oh hey Tris." She seams strange. She didn't even look into my eyes. She was shuffling with her back. What's going on ? I looked at Anna to see her talking with Jacob. Bella was nowhere eating a sandwich. I knew when my best friend is hiding something from me.

"Mira what's going on with you?"

"Nothing really I just feel uneasy."

"Then why aren't you looking at me?" She looked at me instantly and smiled .

"See ? There's nothing. Come on now let's have a sandwich."

"I really miss eating something other than sandwiches ." I sigh.

"Yeah me too really . I miss McDonald." She said sadly. I laughed. She loved food more than anything or anyone on this planet.

"What matters now is for us all to be safe together with Becca and Romy." Anna said . We turn to see Anna looking at us with a small smile.

"Hey Bella ." I shouted.

"Yeah?" She shouted back.

"Come here quickly." The girls looked at me confused. Bella came and stood besides Anna.

"Group hug!" I gathered them all in a hud and we started laughing. That's all I needed. They boys looked at us like we were aliens.

"Hey boys . You should try it." I smirked at them. 'Ew' and 'gross' and 'no way in hell' from them. Boys. If only they were like us we would have lived in peace.

"Enough with depression. What's our next adventure?" Anna asked.

"Well there's this dark side of the forest. We never know maybe we'll get luck here." Mason explained to us that this side of the forest if full of death, or that's what he read in the library.

"If we don't encounter spiders then I'm fine." Charlie said. We laughed remembering the incident at the cottage. How I would love to tell his kids about this.

"So." I tried to break the silence that fall after our laughter over Charlie. "What kind of business do you run?" I asked Mason. He looked surprised for a second.

"Well..." he scratched the back of his head.

"Well?"

"Oh come on Mason we're about to die either ways. Let's mot keep secrets ." Jacob said . Mason looked at the other boys and they nodded .

"We have companies to cover the illegal work we do." Mason explained.

"What illegal work?"

"I'm a mafia boss." I looked surprised then laughed until I saw the seriousness in his face along with the boys.

"Wait. You're not joking?" This time it was Anna who looked at Charlie waiting his response.

"No we're not."

"Shit." I said. "I kinda find it cool you know." They all looked at me shocked.

"Look we don't know when we'll die or what might happen. So at least let's live this life the way we want it. I knew that having a small company won't make you a millionaire in 7 years only ."

"I didn't know that my best friend loves illegal stuff." Bella joked.

"I didn't. But now everything has changed." I said laughing.

"Fair enough." Mira said.

"I still can't believe it you are a mafia boss. That's why you all weren't phased by the dead bodies."

"Actually we don't go killing everyone and every person we see just those that deserve it."

"You're part of a mafia and still can't track one simple murderer."

"It's different. When you track someone it's a the trackers that do it. I'm sure by now they are tracking us here they'll find us soon and that's why I promised you all that will get out of here safe and sound just give us some time and I hope we stick together safely until they find us."

"I still can't believe it you know it's so strange why didn't you tell us from the beginning?" I asked him, then I remembered that I wasn't special to him. "Never mind."

"Any more secrets guys?"

"There's a lot of things that you don't know about us and we don't intend to tell you now maybe in the future but not right now." Jacob said.

"Anyways I'm going to sleep. Good night guys." I yawned and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️