Chapter SEVENTEEN

Tris's POV

There on the floor was a bloodied body. I recognized him as a guy who worked at the hotel. He looked a lot like Amara . On his back a big L was stamped. I quickly took a pen and the paper I was writing on it the letters that are stamped on the back of the dead bodies we received until now . I don't know what's that but it was indeed frightening. A look of fright was on all of our faces. I covered my mouth and choked back a sob.

"Come on girls let's keep going." Mason said.

"Mason what about the body?!" I said.

"We can do nothing about it we either bury him or leave him so his relatives or someone could find him and knows that he is dead."

"Tris Mason is right. We should keep going I know we are all having nightmares about these dead bodies they are dead because of us we know that we will just feel more and more guilty for their death. Let's focus on the people still alive. " Jacob said.

"It's so hard on me to leave these dead bodies what if he has children waiting for him how could someone be so cold hearted and evil to kill innocent people just for fun. " A single tear fell from my eye.

"What do you think the phrase that we are gathering from these dead bodies or the letters 'you will' well maybe 'you will die' I don't know guys I'm so afraid .two of us is gone missing I don't know what to do I'm afraid for your life I'm afraid I will lose another one from us." Mira said.

"She's right. We are all afraid about what's waiting for us. Our goal now is to find Becca and Romy." Anna said. It is the first time that I see this side of both of them. Usually Romy was the strict one and the one who knew every solution to the problem while we relaxed.

"Don't worry we'll get out of here safe . I promise you all. Just stick together and be careful." Mason said. My heart beat faster at his words. I don't know why I have these funny feelings for him , but I'm afraid I'll start to like him. Maybe I already do . But with the situation we were in, I couldn't think straight. I was heartbroken, in an isolated island and death surrounding us.

"Okay listen, and listen carefully." Mason started. "I have a map with me." We looked at him in disbelief all this time he had a map.

"I'm sorry guys but I had to point out our location so I could know where we will go next." He looked apologetically at us. It wasn't the time to dwell on these matters, so we nodded for him to continue.

"We are here." He pointed at a location on the map. "We were going in circles here. We will start heading north because there's a large possibility that we will find a location close to a cottage or something. "

"Okay then let's get moving." Theo said.

"I suggest we be extra careful, because not only we may encounter the murderer but also a dangerous animal." Charlie said. The funny and carefree Charlies was serious right now. I saw him a A couple of times being serious but it was the first time that he said something logical. Sorry not sorry Charlie.

"but don't worry girls I will be your hero and I'll be there to save you." He smirked flexing his muscles. I rolled my eyes. With everything happening he always manages to joke around. He was our positive energy though.

"You will save them and not us ? Your best friends?!" Jacob said feigning hurt and putting his hand on gis heart dramatically.

"Nah. Bella's my priority." He said winking at her and she blushed while we laughed.

"Okay enough. Let's keep going." Mason said not finding this hilarious. He had a scowl on his face. Mr smart ass jerk face was back. The last part mainly. 

We walked north looking around us for anything that seems suspicious. We found none . But Mason insisted that we would find something on our way, so we had a close eye on everything and I mean everything. I didn't protest much because if we find Becca and Romy I would kiss Mason. Not really. I laughed inwardly.

"I'm tired." Bella said sitting on a rock. These days it feels like déjà vu over and over again. Walking for hours , getting tired and finding comfort on the rocks . Eating then sleeping and then replay to the day. And with nothing new.

"Just let's reach this destination and we'll stay the night there." She nodded and stood up again. We stopped after a while looking at our surroundings, until we heard a movement behind the bushes. Charlie turned his head quickly and if we were in a cartoon movie, his neck would be probably flying around joking with the birds. I'm sure his neck will hurt from how hard he turned it.

"T-that's a b-bear?!!" We all screamed and started running in different directions . Charlie's scream was the most heard. I laughed hard when I saw how he was running screaming while holding Bella's hand.

"Tris what the hell are you doing." Mason yelled at me.

"Waiting to he eaten ?" Ot came out as a question. Truth to be told I didn't know what to do. The boys helped Anna, Bella and Mira while I didn't know where to go. I felt a pang in my heart. Suddenly Mason started running towards me and picked me up bridal style.

"What the fuck ?!" I screamed.

"Let's go princess." He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes but I was melting from out position and the nickname.

  |||

We have managed to run from the bear after a couple of runs and Charlie climbing a tree shouting for his mom. Yeah he wasn't our hero. We walked for a good 40 minutes until we were sure that the bear won't find us. Mason carried me half the time but then I insisted he put me down. After that we found a clearing and the boys built the tents.

"Charlie." Jacob said stifling a laugh.

"What?" He said angrily. For the past 40 minutes the boys teased him .

"Guys enough." Bella said. They were a little harsh on him now , I'm happy that Bella at least wasn't. Jacob raised his hands in surrender.

"Tris are you okay ?" I was sitting on the grass looking at the sky.

"I wonder how many more lives would be takes until it's over." Mira looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"We are being selfish when we think that it's not Becca's or Romy's dead body. I feel guilty when I sigh in relief every time."

"No Mira. Don't. I feel that way too."

"Still it's hard thinking that way."

"You know being here has taught me that everyday I live is a blessing. Everyday I lived in my city was a blessing. I was too engrossed with the whole Blake thing that I forgot how blessed I was. I should have lived every minute outside my apartment with you enjoying our lives."

"It's okay I'm sure we'll get out of here and you'll forget what your apartment looks like." She said with a smirk and I laughed .

"Come on let's enjoy this day while we are still alive." I told her getting up and heading towards the rest with a smile on our faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote and comment.
❤️❤️