MADE IN THE A.M. ✓

TITLE: Made In The A.M.
SEASON: One
LOVE INTEREST: JJ Maybank
OC NAME: Grayson 'Gray' Hawthorne*
FACE CLAIM: Logan Shroyer
TAKEN BY: The_Avengers_Devil

SEASON: OneLOVE INTEREST: JJ MaybankOC NAME: Grayson 'Gray' Hawthorne*FACE CLAIM: Logan ShroyerTAKEN BY: The_Avengers_Devil

DESCRIPTION:

won't you stay 'til the a.m.?
all my favorite conversations
always made in the a.m.

EXTENDED SUMMARY:

If you asked JJ Maybank what he thought about Kooks, his answer would be that he hated all of them. The truth is, he hated almost all of them. There was one Kook that JJ could stand and that Kook was Grayson Hawthorne. JJ would never admit it if you asked him but he had a soft spot for the blonde Kook that reeked of old money, Louis Vuitton, and luxury cars. His wealth went all the way back to the 1800s and it had been passed down and grown over generations to the wealth it was now. The Hawthorne's were one of the most wealthy in all of the Outer Banks. JJ should hate him, just like he hates the rest of them but there was something about Grayson Hawthorne that seemed to pull JJ in.

They didn't start off as friends. In fact, one of their first interactions involved JJ breaking Grayson's nose. Their first several interactions involved one of them spilling blood. JJ thought Grayson was just another Kook who didn't give a shit about anything except his wealth and his status. Grayson thought JJ was just another lowlife from the Cut who would spend the rest of his miserable life switching between odd jobs and jail. After both of them getting arrested for fighting, they were locked in a jail cell together for one night. Grayson's father wanted to teach him a lesson and JJ's father was just too drunk to even answer the damn phone.

That entire night was spent with them spilling their guts about every little thing about their lives. It started out with them arguing and calling each other very rude names until it slowly turned into them telling their whole life story. They stayed up the entire night learning about each other's past and their likes and dislikes. In that small jail cell, walls were broken down and a friendship bloomed around them. From that day forward, the two of them spent many nights staying up until the early hours of the morning just talking about anything and everything. They talked about life and death, sex and love, how they think the universe was created, and their deepest fears.

Their late-night conversations were a secret that only they knew about. In public, they acted like they hated each other but in private, they were so close they could sleep in the same bed without it being weird or awkward. It was almost something more than just friendship at times but it never went further than cuddling. But as a new summer was upon them, Grayson and JJ were finding it more difficult to keep their little secret. JJ found himself attempting to spend even more time with Grayson while simultaneously having to deal with the questions from his friends about where he keeps going. And of course, to make matters even more complicated, John B just had to drag his friends into a treasure hunt for the lost gold of the Royal Merchant.

NOTES:

— obviously based on a.m. by one direction. incorporate elements of the song into the book please !!

— they frequently, like literally almost every night, they have late night chats on gray's balcony about life and love and all that shit. they occasionally get high and discuss aliens and the universe

— so jj & gray's relationship is secret. as far as anyone is concerned, they hate each other. like at parties and stuff, they make rude comments towards each other and then laugh it off later that night on gray's balcony

— gray's family is very selfish and they care more about their wealth & status than anything else. if they saw gray handing around a pogue, especially a pogue like jj, they would freak out.

— gray & jj like each other but they are both kinda suppressing their feelings for fear of their families and their friends. not only bc they're both boys but also bc one of them is a kook and one is a pogue

— i think at some point, maybe towards the middle, jj should start talking about sexuality one night to gray bc they never talk about it. & then he asks to kiss gray to test it out & they kiss & it's all fireworks & cute shit & it's just so adorable & they realize they like each other !!

( plot by grace ! )