WHERE IS MY MIND

TITLE: Where Is My Mind
SEASON: One
LOVE INTEREST: Pope Heyward
OC NAME: Hudson Lopez
FACE CLAIM: Diego Tinoco

TITLE: Where Is My Mind SEASON: OneLOVE INTEREST: Pope HeywardOC NAME: Hudson LopezFACE CLAIM: Diego Tinoco

DESCRIPTION:
I can't help but think that i'm beginning to lose my mind, Kie. Falling in love with the boy who only ever had eyes for you.

EXTENDED SUMMARY:

WHEN ASKED WHAT the saddest word in the english was, Hudson Lopez would have to say the word almost. He was almost good enough. He almost made it. He almost survived. Almost.

Growing up the brother of one of the most feared drug dealers throughout the whole island wasn't easy. Hudson was put in this little box of how he was supposed to act, what he was supposed to say and do, but to be honest, Hudson wanted none of it. He wanted to get married one day, settle down somewhere near Richmond, and raise a family. He wanted to give children the father experience that he never had. But he couldn't. He couldn't because the end of his story was already written out. He would turn out to be just like his brother and no matter how much that scared him, it didn't matter. There was no sight of this future he had built in his head, only a line of white powder and the everlasting stench of alcohol and burnt weed.

To say that Pope had saved his life in a way was an understatement. Hudson had gotten used to the idea that there was never much more than the life he was living, but oh was he wrong. Pope taught Hudson that he was allowed to have dreams and he was allowed to wish to chase them. That wanting to be his own individual person wasn't a crime. However, what Hudson didn't know is that Pope would also help him learn that he didn't necessarily swing straight and that was causing Hudson to begin to lose his mind. Because Pope only had eyes for the female pogue with brunette hair and tanned skin.

NOTES:

- obviously there will be a bit of inner-homophobia only because of Hudson's back story, but i think that is a very big part of who his character is and how he acts and thinks.

- Hudson feels a lot of shame for things he can't control. He's ashamed of his family, of his home, of himself. He has these moments where he looks at who he is and who he as to become and realizes that if the younger, happier version of himself saw who he was now, he would be terrified.

- people see Hudson as this asshole, drug addict when really he is so much more. hear me out while i quote shrek, but he's like an onion. he has all of these layers to him that really shape the kind of person he is and wants to be. he likes the color yellow because it's a happy color, the color of the sun, and sunflowers. he listens to the beatles because of their vibe and the calm energy they give him. he's terrified of spiders and snakes because he had an irrational fear of getting bit and dying of a poisonous venom.

- THIS IS A SLOW BURN

( plot by morri ! )