A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

TITLE: A Rock and a Hard Place*
SEASON: One
LOVE INTEREST: JJ Maybank
OC NAME: Daisy Hearst*
FACE CLAIM: Emma Mackey*

TITLE: A Rock and a Hard Place*SEASON: OneLOVE INTEREST: JJ MaybankOC NAME: Daisy Hearst*FACE CLAIM: Emma Mackey*

DESCRIPTION:

❝ i play the same part where i'm chasing your sick little heart 
'til i'm jaded and lying on the floor ❞

EXTENDED SUMMARY:

Daisy Hearst stuck out like a sore thumb wherever she went. She could never seem to stand quite as tall as her kook family, and the price tag on her clothes resulted in a knee-jerk sneer from every pogue she came into contact with. After years of buttoning her shirt just right and offering the right smile for every situation, Daisy gave up on trying to fit in. She began to hang out with rougher crowds, crowds that didn't care whether she was a pogue or a kook, and she spent her free time training herself to ignore the urge to be like everyone else.

Her malformed reputation only became more evident when she ended up in a Juvenile Detention Center. She claimed she'd been framed for vandalizing the Cameron family's boat - stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. After all, she'd seen JJ Maybank and his friends with spray cans in their hands, and heard the motor of their boat as they fled at the first sign of police cruiser lights. She just hadn't comprehended the situation in time to make her own escape, so she'd been left alone on the docks, discarded spray cans at her sign. However, given her past narrow escapes from detainment, the police refused to believe she was innocent.  Her parents didn't even offer to pay her bail. They'd had enough of her rebellious actions, and made her sit in a cell for six months, saving their reputation by spreading a rumor that Daisy had left for a mainland boarding school(and, of course, by paying those who knew the truth to keep their mouth shut).

So when she sees JJ Maybank and John B Routledge breaking into an apartment, she sees her chance for revenge. It only takes a few minutes for her to catch the entire ordeal on camera. But Daisy Hearst was never one to act quietly. Right before she decides to turn the recording in to an authoritative figure, she rubs it in JJ's face, watching in glee as horror heightened his features.

What she didn't expect was that JJ would try to make a deal with her. She keeps the video away from the police, and he'll do whatever she asks of him for the whole summer. And even more shocking than JJ's begging was the fact that Daisy actually agreed to his terms.

NOTES:

— This plot was heavily inspired by the song 'The Space Between a Rock and a Hard Place' by 5 Seconds of Summer, so if you need quotes for an epigraph or something, the lyrics from that song might be helpful!

— I do have this listed as a JJ plot, but given the situation of the fic, you could also write it as a John B fic. Just let me know if you choose to do so!

— Though she is a kook, Daisy is generally labeled as a basket case. She rebels a lot, often defying law enforcement(but never getting caught), and she's definitely no stranger to drugs. Also, though she doesn't care about the money her family name carries, she still participates in the pogue v. kook turf war in less finance-related ways(like the bribing JJ thing).

— At the beginning of the plot, Daisy has it stuck in her head that everyone, even her parents hate her. But by the end of the story, she should realize that it was her narrow-minded views that made her think that way and people actually do care about her.

— Her arrest takes place about a year before the start of season one.

— JJ & crew didn't frame her on purpose - they were simply being reckless and mildly self-centered, wanting to escape the scene as fast as possible and not caring enough to collect the empty spray cans(and whatever other vandalism materials they might've used).

— Daisy was never going to turn the tape in to the police because even though she's rough around the edges and went through that bc of JJ, she wouldn't wish that on someone else. So, she settled for JJ's dad because she figured he would still get in trouble that way but not as much of it. Keep in mind she had no idea about the situation between JJ and his dad, so when her and JJ get closer and she finds out, she feels super guilty for even thinking about doing it and destroys the tape on her own accord.

( plot by clair! )