𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

The nurses had just about left you alone, and you were anxiously waiting for Ushijima to walk back in through the door and tell you everything was okay.

Ushijima had only been gone for 20 minutes or so, but that didn't stop you from worrying. It was still a long amount of time. You just needed to know if Tendo was okay.

In the midst of your worries, you didn't hear the window open. It was only when he was already in the room, that you noticed his presence. Your hand reached for the bell to call in the nurses, but you knew that would end in a bloodbath so you withdrew your hand shakily. He smiled when he saw your hesitation.

"What are you doing here?" You asked as calmly as you could manage.

"Am I not allowed to visit my precious daughter?" He said, a satisfied smirk resting on his face.

"You have no right to call me your daughter. I feel disgusted that I'm even related to you." You snapped.

"Oh my darling (f/n), you remind me of myself when I was younger. So stubborn, and yet so full of life."

"Shut up. Please just get out. You've done your damage." You pleaded. "Stop hurting the people around me. Just disappear!"

"I wouldn't be too worried even if I were to disappear. My daughter will carry on like me after all."

"Like hell I will." You spat in disgust. "I'm nothing like you."

"Oh but you are, aren't you? You know your little boyfriend will get hurt if he stays near you. Yet what do you do? You keep him around because you're selfish and you only care about yourself."

"Stop." You demanded. "I told you to leave." You clenched your fists again in anger.

"And besides." He continued. "You resort to violence when you feel threatened. Just earlier today you attempted to punch me, and look, you're ready to do it again." He pointed to your balled up hands and you stared down at them in horror.

Am I really like him? I can't be, I refuse.

"A lot of people would resort to violence when they feel cornered and threatened." You insisted.

"Say what you what (f/n)-chan, but you and I both know you'll follow in my footsteps. It's in your blood to be like me." He grinned sadistically before escaping out the window.

You sat there, on the hospital bed, partially relieved that he had come to see you. It meant he left Tendo and Ushijima alone, which was the only good thing that came out of this.

Apart from that, you were at war with yourself, half of you flat out rejecting your father's words and the other half wondering if he was right. The first proper interaction with Ushijima that you had, involved you punching him.

Even though you never successfully landed a punch on your father, you had tried more than a few times that was for sure. None of which ended well, but you had tried to use violence to get away.

No. I'm not like him. Anyone would do the same in my position. I swear I'm not like him. I'm not like him. I'm not like h—

The door to your hospital room opened and your eyes flicked over to see who had arrived, and your shoulders slumped in relief when you saw Ushijima.

But soon, there was anger bubbling inside of you. He didn't even take you with him, and despite your protests and concern for him getting hurt, he just left. You understood that he left for the sake of Tendo, and even you wouldn't done the same thing. But the stress you felt while he was gone didn't just disappear.

But worst of all, you could hear your fathers words repeating in your head. You didn't want him to hurt Ushijima. Heck, Ushijima is the last person who should've been dragged into this mess.

You couldn't even get mad at him. This was your fault for even letting him get close on the first place. Your thoughts were running at 420 kilometres per hour and you didn't know what to say.

Eventually, you pulled yourself together. "Is Satori okay?"

Ushijima nodded. "He's awake already. The doctors are just doing some check ups on him."

You scanned Ushijima quickly from top to bottom and felt relieved to find him clean of any bloodstains. Tendo didn't seem to be hurt badly then. You felt like you could finally breathe and leaned back in your bed.

Ushijima steppes forward to sit next to your bedside again but you stopped him. "You should stay with Satori for now. I'm tired, I'll just sleep."

"No it's alright, I'll stay here."

"Wakatoshi, I need some time to myself." You rephrased.

"Right." He responded, "I'll be in Tendo's room then. Call me if you need anything." He reminded and placed your phone back on your bedside table.

Once Ushijima has left the room, you finally allowed yourself to breakdown.

Am I really like my father?

~•~

Sorry it's a little bit shorter than usual but KDJDJDJD idk what I'm doing with my life tbh

I'm happy I updated now o can finally sleep bc my eyes are shutting down AYYY bye hoes ily

I mean that in the nicest way possible btw—
MWAH! 🥺❤️