𝖙𝖊𝖓

For the rest of your shift, you attempted to simply ignore Ushijima. It wasn't too hard, but you couldn't help sneak glances to make sure he wasn't doing anything strange or attracting attention to himself or you.

It was fine for the most part, the only attention he attracted was from teenage girls who thought he looked good. You shrugged. They weren't exactly wrong.

The more time that passed, the less and less customers that came in, allowing you to relax and slow down a little instead of feeling the need to rush the orders you took.

Almost every girl who worked as a waitress would've had to experience being hit on occasionally. It wasn't appreciated, but it was inevitable. And today seemed to be your lucky day, since a drunk man who appeared to just be a teenager stumbled through the door and your manager sent you to show him to a table.

"Right this way sir, is it just you or do you have friends or family joining?" You asked to make sure.

"Table for one, actually make that table for two if you'll join me." The man smirked, leaning closer to you.

You laughed awkwardly and brushed off his offer. "I apologise, I still have work to get to. The menu is on the table and one of our servers will be with you shortly." You explained and backed away, only to have him grab your wrist and pull you close.

"Who's in charge of this store? If I pay them a little extra I'm sure they wouldn't mind letting you sit with me for a meal." He slurred, his breath held no traces of alcohol.

Don't tell me he's faking drunk?

"Sir please let go of my hand. I'm working and I do not intent to share a meal with you." You said calmly, attempting to pry his hand off your wrist.

"Why're you so uptight babe? Don't tell me you're already with someone."

"I'm afraid that's none of your business."

"But I'm curious baby girl, tell me, are you dating someone right now?" The 'drunkard' asked once again.

"If you must know, the answer is—"

"Yes." Ushijima cut in and you felt his arm wrap around your waist. The man who was bothering you until now cowered in front of Ushijima. It was laughable, Ushijima did sort of look like someone who could bury him alive casually, which worked to your advantage in this situation.

"O- oh. Sorry man I didn't know this chick was yours. I didn't mean any—"

"She said no." Ushijima reminded. "Why'd you keep going?"

The boy had completely lost a hold of his 'drunk' act and apologised profusely before eventually scurrying out of the store.

The moment he was gone you put some space in between you and Ushijima. "Thank you, but I want you to go home." You said sternly.

"It's fine, I'll wait—"

"I said no. Why do you keep going?" You returned his words to him.
"If you cant respect what I want, then what's the difference between you and that boy, Wakatoshi?"

And with that, you headed into the kitchen, ready to hear a mouthful from your manager for causing a commotion.

~•~

When your shift ended, you half expected to see Ushijima waiting for you but he wasn't in plain sight. You checked your phone and the only thing he'd texted you was an 'I'm sorry'.

You knew what you said to him was a little harsh, but it was also true. Even if you enjoyed his company, lately it felt like you didn't even have space to breathe.

You sucked in a deep breath and felt a small make it way to your face. It had been a while since you had the chance to walk home on your own. The cold breeze brushed against your skin, but you weren't shivering, it was bearable.

Your walk home was quieter than usual. Ushijima may not have been the most talkative person, but having you around taught him how to keep a conversation going. You shook your head aggressively.

You just managed to get him to stop being your stalker, stop thinking about him.

But thoughts involving the ace wouldn't leave your mind and you worried if you had been too harsh with your words.

What if he took it to heart?

And these thoughts resulted in you having broken sleep, with you waking up every hour for god knows what reason.

Fuck you, Wakatoshi. Get out of my head.

When morning rolled around, your eye bags looked worryingly prominent and you managed to somewhat hide them with some concealer. You quickly got dressed and grabbed breakfast on your way out of the door only to bump into Ushijima, who's eye bags looked even worse than yours somehow.

"Ready to go?" He said weakly.

You wanted to be angry, to get mad, but at that moment you couldn't. "Y- yeah. Sure." You mumbled, walking ahead of him.

You would talk to him later on today. Now just wasn't the best time. He looked like he'd been run over by a lawn mower, the boy needed rest.

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late." You added, wanting to get to school quickly before the boy passed out from fatigue.

"Coming."