𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

ushijima stayed with you all night, and as much as it helped you feel safe, it didn't help you catch any sleep. you were yawning every few seconds in the morning and no amount of concealer could save you from your eye bags.

"i'll drop you off to work." ushijima told you, and you didn't argue. you wanted to be able to push him away so he wouldn't get hurt again, but you didn't have it in you. heck, you wanted him around. even if it was selfish to not let him go, he was your safe haven. you didn't plan on giving him up like you did before.

you were quite on your way to the hospital and ushijima was quite worried, but he knew better than to push it.

"call me when you're home." he told you. "and what you want to eat. i'll bring something over."

you nodded and stepped out of the car. "i'll see you later." you managed to say before you entered through the doors of your work place.

"(l/n)?"

you turned in the direction of the voice and struggles to hold back a frown. it was your supervisor, and you were in no mood to be given out to this early.

"good morning." you mumbled as greeting.

"you look horrible."

"gee thanks." you snapped, not holding back an eye roll.

"no not like that, you look like you haven't slept for years. go back home."

"wait what?"

"paid sick leave. you never took sick leave before right? you'll be fine, just go get some rest." he told you.

"why are you being nice to me?"

he sighed. "i really don't hate you (l/n)."

"could've fooled me." you murmured.

he pretended not to hear that bit and continued. "you have incredible potential and you work really hard. but right now you're over doing it, so go home."

you didn't particularly want to head home. there was no way of knowing if that was safe or not. "can't i just take a nap in the staff room? i'll be okay."

"(l/n), please go home. i'll send hiyori with you if you'd like."

hiyori was doing an important surgery today, and there was no way you'd mess that up for her with your petty problems. "no it's fine, i'll go home on my own. thank you sir."

he finally seemed to relax. "i'll inform the reception. just return soon in better condition."

he waited until you left the hospital doors again before going his own way. "what a pain in the ass, having to go all the way back." you texted ushijima to tell him you were sent home before you began walking in the direction of your dorms.

you hadn't been home for long when ushijima called you on your phone.

"hey, what's up?"

"can you open your door?"

"wait, don't tell me you're—" you rushed to your door as you spoke and opened it, then hung up on the phone. "—outside."

"hey."

"wakatoshi, shouldn't you be at work?"

"i asked for a day off and they agreed." he shrugged. "you said you were in sick leave."

"i'm not sick, i'm just sleep deprived." you sighed. "go back to work."

"do you not want me here?" he asked, sounding guilty. "sorry, i'll—"

"you idiot, i'm always happy to see you but don't let me affect your work." you scolded, and his shoulders relaxed.

"i have something to give you."

you titled your head at him, silently asking him what it was.

"hold out your hand." you did as he said and he put a watch around your wrist before then looking at your face to see a reaction.

"wakatoshi..."

"please don't say no."

"it's beautiful but this looks so expensive." you protested.

"you're not wrong." he admitted. "but it's not just a watch."

"huh?"

"i mean, it's a watch but it's also a tracker." he explained. "if you press this button, i get alerted by my watch vibrating, and my phone can track your location. only once you press the button of course."

you almost melted when you realised he did this for your safety. "thank you." you said softly.

"does that mean you'll keep it?" he asked, his voice hopeful.

"of course i will."

ushijima went on to explain that it was waterproof, so you'd never really have to take it off. "promise me you'll be safe." he pleaded with you before leaving.

"wakatoshi, i'll always be safe." you assured him. "now go, you've already missed an hour of work."

he left with plans of meeting you at your place for dinner and you waved him off. "please get (favourite/food) if you can!" you called after him.

this time, when you lay in bed, sleep came to you much easier. ushijima had found a way to make sure to protect you even when he wasn't by your side.

i'm going to be okay. wakatoshi's going to be there for me. and i will protect him too.

~•~

lol more filler chapters ew,,
next chapter will be fluffy and then the chapter after that will be angsty lol,,,

this book is such a mess kdjdjdjjs i'm sorry 😗✌🏼

also this chapter is vv short i'm sorry i'll go back to normal length again soon i'm just sort of tired rn ❤️

n e ways ily all mwahhh