𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

You headed back to the seating area outside Tendo's operating room and sat quietly for a few hours. Tendo's mother had fallen asleep from pure exhaustion, and sleep only came to you when light started shining through the windows of the hospital.

Ushijima had slept on your shoulder while you stayed awake in case any news of Tendo came from a doctor or nurse but your sleep was lost in vain.

Ushijima woke up at some point and told you to rest too, and despite your protests, he patted his shoulder and when you didn't lay your head on it, he used his hand to softly rest your head against him and your eyes unwillingly fluttered shut.

Yesterday's events had drained you more than you realised, and you were out cold.

You woke up to a soft pat on your shoulder and you forced your eyes open. Tendo's mom, despite the bags under her eyes had a relieved smile on her face.

"Satori is in stable condition, the doctor said he'll be fine eventually. His injury was pretty fatal, but he pulled through. We can visit him in a few hours after he wakes up, let's go freshen up so he doesn't get scared when he sees us, alright?" She suggested, and you nodded, whatever traces of weariness that was there before had all disappeared and you were alert again. This time, it wasn't worry that fuelled you, but excitement to see your brother again soon.

He's okay. You thought. Satori is fine.

Ushijima also left to go home since his mother hadn't seen him in days, but he promised to come back to see Tendo in the evening.

Cops were placed outside his hospital room for his protection, and you felt a little more at ease as you headed home to freshen up.

Satori was going to be okay. And that's all that matters.

~•~

You were the first one back at the hospital, and visiting hours were still open and so you stepped into the hospital room.

Tendo looked paler than usual, it felt as if he'd grown older overnight. You sucked in a deep breath and made your way towards his bed. "Hey, you asshole." You greeted.

Tendo attempted to sit up when he saw you, but hissed in pain so you pushed his head back down onto his pillow. "Don't move, you'll make your injury worse."

He smiled weakly. "Good to see you too, (f/n)-chan."

"I'm still mad at you for getting hurt."

"You say it like I did this intentionally." He mumbled.

"At least you're safe here and I won't have to worry about you dying." You said.

"But I'm stuck here all day, and I'll have to worry about you being in danger every waking second. This is torture." He complained.

"Should've thought about that before you got stabbed." You shrugged.

"(F/n)-chan, I repeat, I didn't get stabbed because I wanted to." Tendo pointed out.

"Let me be mad at you or I'll start crying instead, and we both know that my tears are not pretty." You threatened.

"Agreed. You have permission to be angry." He said without missing a beat.

"If you weren't already injured i would punch you right now." You shook your head at him.

Tendo's mom came in through the door and you stepped away from the bed to give them some space. "I'll let you have some time with him Tendo-san." You said to his mother and she nodded at you before beaming at her son. You were glad to see her back to her cheery self.