𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

"(F/n)."

"Five more minutes." You mumbled, shrugging off the hand that was patting you on the shoulder.

"(F/n), we have to get to school." Ushijima said softly.

"I don't wanna go."

"Then I won't either." He threatened.

"Fine by me." You muttered and hugged his arm while burying your face into his chest.

"You seem to be forgetting that it's semi finals today." He reminded and your eyes shot open.

"Then what the hell are you doing? Why did you stay up last night? Oh fiddlesticks I'm such a shitty manager I can't even keep your health in check—"

Ushijima placed a hand over your mouth. "Stop getting worked up and get dressed, we have leftovers from yesterday to eat as breakfast." He told you before heading downstairs.

You followed suit after throwing on your uniform and ate the noodles in a hurry, and rushed to school with Ushijima.

You arrived in the nick of time, but you couldn't shake the feeling of being followed. You knew completely well that it was none other than your father, but he didn't ever attack more than one person at a time, or his 'calculations' would be 'inaccurate'.

You were grateful for that at least, so you felt confident when you were by Ushijima's side. When you arrived at school, the bus was already waiting to take you to the spring tournament, semi finals.

Even if you were a little sleep deprived, you just just glad you didn't have to sit through any classes. You still felt guilty for being the reason Ushijima didn't get much sleep, but you'd make it up to him another time. Some coffee would have to make do for now.

~•~

"It's bitter." Ushijima recoiled, pulling a face when you brought him a cup of coffee from a small store near the gym where semi finals would take place.

"Wakatoshi, there's 3 sugars in there. I'll add one more but just try having the coffee and it'll wake you up okay?"

He nodded obediently and gulped down the coffee once you'd mixed the sugar in for him.

"You're gonna nail it today." You smiled.

"Thank you. It'll fine since you're watching." Ushijima responded.
Instead of getting distracted when you were around, Ushijima's skills only got sharper in your presence.

He felt secure when he could see the two things that brought him most joy in the world; volleyball, and of course, you.

Tendo swooped into the conversation and stole Ushijima away from you to go 'stretch', but you were aware the real reason was so that Tendo could pester Ushijima about how the two of you made up.

You shook your head, but a small smile remained on your lips. Tendo could be such a gossip girl at times, wanting to know 'all the tea'. You followed the rest of the team into the court and sat down on the bench, waiting for the match to start.

You weren't worried, you had absolute faith that your team would win. Not just because of their continuous winning streak, but because they were talented and hardworking, and equally strong.

Soon, the whistle blew, and the match started.

~•~

"I knew you guys could do it!" You greeted your team with a smile when the match was over and they headed over to the benches where you and Coach Washijo were seated.

You had to get prepared to head back to the school, so you gathered everyone's extra belongings and brought it to the bus while the coach gave them a pep talk along with feedback.

While waiting for the boys to arrive on the bus, you took a seat near the back next to the window and gazed outside.

There was only one more match and if Shiratorizawa won it, they'd be heading to nationals again.

What was the name of their school again? Tori- Torino? No wait, Karasuno. The one with the little giant.

You pulled out your notepad and went through the observations coach had listed to you while watching their matches. And while you were engrossed in taking in the information about Karasuno's players, a stone was thrown against the window you were sitting next to.

Startled, you looked outside only to see your father smile slyly at you. His presence alone was enough to send chills down your spine. He pointed two fingers to his eyes and then at you, to remind you that he was always watching.

Soon, the boys came filing into the bus and Ushijima tapped your shoulder. "Are you okay? You're holding that notebook really tight."

You snapped your attention away from your father to look at Ushijima and nodded. "Y- yeah. Yeah I'm fine, don't worry." You said forcing a smile.

Ushijima took a seat next to you, and rummaged through his bag for something to eat. You looked back outside but your father was no where in sight, and that was even more terrifying.

You heard Ushijima yawning next to you and so patted your shoulder, gesturing for him to use you as a pillow. "Get some rest, I'll wake you up when we're back at school." You promised.

The bus had begun moving, so your worries of your father being of any danger to you, Tendo, or the rest of the team were put at ease.

Ushijima didn't need to be told twice, his tired eyes shut almost immediately after you had said those words and he was snoring softly in no time. You smiled to yourself.

How cute.

You plugged in your earphones and listened to music for the rest of the bus journey to your school, and woke Ushijima up as promised when you reached.

"Wakatoshi, do you want to spend the night at my house again?" You asked him. You were worried your father would go after him, and you were confident that you could protect Ushijima if you were next to him.

"Of course, I'll just tell my mother."

And that's how Ushijima ended up at your house for the second night in a row, and this time, the events were much more intimate.

~•~

Lmao I don't write nsfw but y'all can just imagine as you please 🤩

Idk if it's next chapter or next next chapter but I'll warn you ; angst incoming hahahhshshs

Also this chapter literally sucks and it has no relevance but whatever pls accept this trash for today I'm just delaying the angst tbh

B ye