four

Rune felt a slight jab of guilt once more while looking at the figure leaving. Something within him wanted nothing more than to accept King into the club, especially considering everything he's done to him, but unfortunately King couldn't play any other instruments.

Sighing, Rune looked down at the guitar in his grasp. An idea suddenly popping into his mind.

"Wait!" He called out, just seconds before King was completely out the door. "Come here."

King did as he was asked and walked over to Rune once more. Rune picked up his phone from the chair next to his and tucked it into his pocket. He patted the seat, motioning for King to sit down next to him.

Despite not understanding what was going on, King did as asked, and sat down. Taking the application out of the boy's hand, Rune placed it elsewhere and handed the boy his guitar.

Truth be told, he never liked sharing his prized guitar with anyone. Not even Cherry who he's been dating for a year. But he didn't mind sharing it for a short while with King. Perhaps it was due to his heavy guilt, either way, Rune knew he wouldn't share it again after.

"Have you ever tried playing the guitar?" He asked.

King shook his head, "No, Khun."

Rune smiled. He reached out and fixed King's holding, before gently placing the boy's fingers on the strings.

"This here is a C chord," he informed, holding back the urge to laugh at the pure concentration on King's face. "Try strumming it."

And King did, frowning at the sound. "Sorry," he habitually apologized for his mistake, not realizing it made Rune freeze in surprise.

"Keep trying, and press a little harder," Rune instructed. King nodded and began trying again, all the while unknowingly being observed.

Rune had heard a lot about King. Some of which had sounded too absurd to believe, but others seemingly more factually considering they were from people who personally knew him from junior high and up.

"He's quiet and cold." Indeed King was quiet and came off as cold at first, but not to the level spoken of.

"He's harsh and unforgiving." Rune had been the reason he ended up injured to the point of bleeding. Twice. Yet he still showed no signs of anger and resentment towards him.

"He thinks he's better than anyone else." If that was the case, he wouldn't have apologized for not properly playing the guitar on his first try. Someone who believes they are above all else would not admit to their faults so easily, and for something like this.

There were plenty more on the list but Rune began to question if any of them were actually factual now. He knew better than to fully believe rumours, having been the subject of them several times, but still, it didn't mean he didn't take them into consideration and caution. Especially if they were started by people who knew him for years.

He watched carefully as King continued to strum, stopping him when he noticed the redding on his fingers.

"Okay, that's enough," he said. "You can join the club."

"But I only know the piano," King reminded him.

"I'll teach you how to play the guitar properly," Rune reassured. P'Gem owes him several favours anyway, so the least she could do is let him allow someone he's willing to teach himself into the club.

"Oh...thank you," King mumbled, getting up and handing the guitar back to its original owner.

"What?" Rune asked, not fully hearing him.

"Thank you," King repeated, letting out a small surprising smile - one that blew Rune away, because, dang, was it an adorable smile. It made him wonder why the latter didn't show it more often.

"Well, I have to go now. Have a good evening, Khun Rune," King bowed.

Rune smiled, waving as the boy left.

~

King felt a sense of relief as he exited the music room. Taking out his (new) phone, he checked over his messages and emails.

| Khun Rain |

I've spoken to them and they said it was okay for you to be one of the volunteers

Thank you so much

Don't worry about it, dear. However, I must inform you one of my grandsons will be taking part in it as well. You might recognize him. His name is Rune, and happens to attend the same university as you.

King froze, looking back at the closed music room before proceeding down the hall.

| Khun Rain |

It's okay. All that matters is that it's for a good cause.

Then I guess something good came out of that unethical and fake article about you. You must have truly missed volunteering.

A lot. Should I bring some gifts for the children?

You don't need to, but I know you want to. So I could send you a list and you can go over the childrens profiles to decide what to get them each. I know you love to spoil whoever you're helping with gifts, and seeing them smile.

555 you know me too well

And I'd appreciate the list very much

Alright.
Then I'll send it in a bit.
I've got to go now. Talk to you another time, dear.
And do look after my grandson when you volunteer together

Yeah, I'll watch over him for you

Bye. Have a nice evening :)

One last thing, do tell me how you got injured next time we see each other.

Your grandson injured me - (deleted)

Okay :)

| Mother |

I've joined a club, and been accepted as a volunteer.

Read 4:45

Sender: J.Enterprise

Re: Request

Regarding your request to see my daughter, I will have to decline once more. She is still in the process of recovering and I do not want her to feel rushed in her treatment. Therefore, if you can stop contacting the institution from now on, I would appreciate that.

Continue to focus on your studies. There truly is no need to waste your time on worrying for her too much as the institution is said to be one of the best. And I don't believe your Mother would approve if your grades were to drop.

Thank you.

King bit down on his lips, knowing quite well the threat behind the email. Taking out his earphone, he walked down the halls, listening to his playlist dedicated to soothing him.