six

Rune looked at King sitting all alone. He needed to catch up to his assignments and knew studying with his friends would only make him delay completing it more as they had a tendency to distract him. So he decided to take it upon himself to go to the library.

The first thing he had noticed was how the individual he was teaching guitar to was sitting by himself, and the area around him left alone as others clearly showed their dislike towards him. It made him frown, wondering how King wasn't bothered by the treatment.

Taking a chance, he walked over and decided to sit across from King. His actions caused those around him to start whispering, only to be shushed by the librarian. Despite Rune being directly in front of King, the boy still failed to notice his presence as he droughted down notes.

It made Rune hold back a chuckle at how concentrated he always was. Taking out his belongings, he began to start working on completing his assignment.

King felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He scrambled to get his phone out, noticing the person in front of him for the first time. He looked at Rune in surprise but as the older boy was focusing on his work, he didn't dare to say anything.

Khun Nick

Hello, Khun King. I'm just informing you everything you requested has been bought and delivered to your apartment.

Thank you.

Rune had looked up from his assignment, unconsciously admiring the way King's face lit up with a gentle smile. His mouth parted slightly wondering what, and who, was capable of making the stoic boy smile in such a way. He watched as King began to gather his stuff and put them into his bag, getting up.

Their eyes met, and King nodded. Just as he was about to walk past Rune, his wrist was grabbed, stopping him in his tracks. He looked down in confusion at the grip.

Rune himself felt confused as to why he did such a thing. Letting go, he gave a sheepish smile and randomly asked, "Could you help me with this?"

King looked down at the equations before Rune. He needed to go back and get everything ready, but felt bad about the idea of rejecting Rune's request.

Pulling out the chair next to the senior, he asked, "Which one, Khun?"

Rune had expected a no as an answer. Why would a younger boy help his senior on their assignment? It didn't make sense after all. But the boy managed to surprise him once more by agreeing.

He pointed down at a specific question and softly muttered, "This one."

~

King was smart. Very smart. Rune could understand the basics of his assignment, but the way King described and showed him how to solve everything made it even easier than what he was taught in his classes. It almost made him forget they were in different majors, and different years.

Not only that, but King was surprisingly patient when it came to waiting for him to fully grasp an understanding and solving the questions.

By the time they were done, it had only been half an hour since Rune arrived at the library. Had he tried to complete it with his friends, it would've taken several hours. So truly, he was thankful for King's help.

"Thanks," Rune said, getting up with King.

King nodded, checking the time on his phone and letting out a sigh of relief. He still had plenty of time to wrap up the gifts for the orphans, as well as writing letters.

His sigh didn't go unnoticed by Rune, who frowned. A seedling of misunderstanding rippling through as he assumed King was tired from having to teach him. Quietly, he began to feel a slight bitterness, wondering why the younger boy didn't say anything if he thought teaching him would be troublesome?

He clenched his jaw and walked away, wondering if the display of gentleness from King was some sort of act in order to obtain something from him. After all, the boy knew Rune's true identity, and was known to only associate himself with highly rich People.

He sighed, taking out his phone to call his girlfriend to get his mind off such heavy thoughts.

Rune exited the car, sleep deprived. His grandmother who had forced him out of his bed early in the morning slapped the back of his head, a stern look on her face while he groaned.

"Wake up," she said, "this is for a good cause."

"I am awake," Rune grumbled. "But I would be more awake had you not invaded my house and forced me out of bed so early. How did you even manage to get a copy of my key?"

She rolled her eyes, "Early? It's already twelve! I specifically told you not to stay up late going on a date with that girlfriend of yours, and then playing video games. But did you listen? No."

Taking hold of his arm, she dragged him towards the orphanage. Rune ignored the ache at the way his grandmother said the word, 'girlfriend.' He knew she didn't approve of her, and he couldn't understand why.

Cherry had been with him for a year now, and was willing to date him despite how he appeared as a poor student and his true identity was hidden. She was sweet, even if she had a tendency to get jealous often. She knew how to have fun all the while maintaining good grades, and pursuing modeling.

Really, he wished his grandmother would already accept her so he could properly reveal his true identity.

As they entered the orphanage, they were greeted by the owner, and three other volunteers who had already begun to prepare for the barbecue. The children of the orphanage were out in the backyard, playing and enjoying the weather. Rune listened to his grandmother orders and went out to keep the kids company, bringing out a guitar to perform for them.