sixteen

"Morning," King yawned, walking into the kitchen where Rune was making breakfast. He was honestly quite surprised, because Rune had once told him he wasn't an early bird, but he always seems to wake up before King. And King is an early bird. At least he tried to be as he always had a set schedule he had to follow.

Rune grinned, reaching out to ruffle King's bed head, finding him absolutely adorable, "Morning."

King smiled at the gesture, giving a cute nod and looking at the food Rune prepared. He happily sat down and waited for Rune to join him before grabbing his utensils and digging in.

Something about the whole situation felt so natural. And he didn't know why, or how. But either way, King enjoyed how there wasn't any heavy air between him and Rune.

The two ate in a comfortable silence and got ready after they finished. Keys in hand, they exited the apartment and made their way to King's car to head to university.

Rune grinned as he took out his phone and took a picture of King driving. Humming softly, and oblivious to the Rune's actions, King played some music, making the senior raise his brows.

"Ow, isn't this Scrubb?" Rune asked, blinded by the big smile on King's face when he mentioned the artist.

"You know them? They're amazing, aren't they?" King gushed, his expression making Rune swoon at how adorable he was being. "Gosh, I would love to go to their concerts one day."

"Ow, you haven't been to their concert before?" Rune asked, surprised that he had never gone to a concert for theirs, despite how much he seems to love the band.

He sighed, "Unfortunately, I've never had the time for it."

"Have you ever gone to a concert?" Rune couldn't help asking, taking in the way the younger boy's face morphed into a slightly troubled one.

"I have," King admitted. "It was a solo artist...Baifern is her name."

"Baifern? Ow, she follows me on instagram. I didn't know you were a fan," Rune chuckled at the coincidence, missing the forced smile on King's face.

"We're here," he said, shifting the conversation as he finished parking. The two said their goodbyes and made way to their individual classes.

Rune sighed. It had been a week since he last saw King. He knew the younger boy was busy, and they did see each other at the club - once. The activities had been cut back and was now only once a week.

Their individual and duet performances were coming up. Gem had suggested giving them time off to practice more outside of the club. And man did he hate the idea when it was first mentioned.

They did video chat when they were home, and he often texted him, but it wasn't enough. At this point it was clear his crush on the younger boy had gotten stronger.

He wondered if King noticed, seeing as how he was rather obvious with the random pick up lines he'd throw into their video calls. It wasn't intentional, but the younger boy just made it so easy to throw out the flirtatious words.

He was so much more down to earth the more Rune talked to him, and all the more adorable.

Looking down at his phone, he couldn't help but send out a text. As usual, King replied fast.

| King 🐰|

Hey, is it okay if I crash at your place again?

Sure :) I don't mind

You aren't going to ask why?

Do you want me to?