twelve

Rune looked around the cafeteria. He smiled when he saw Fah and Fang already seated and happily talking. He walked over and plotted himself next to Fang, swinging his arm around his shoulders.

"Sup," he greeted happily.

"Ow, Rune!" they exclaimed in unison.

"How are you holding up?" Fang asked.

He shrugged at the question. He didn't grieve over the situation as much as he had expected. Most of the time, he chose to actively take it upon himself to message and call King frequently after their hang out.

And in all honesty he didn't want to concern Fang and Fah with the situation because he knew they'd make a ruckus. Fah would at least. King, on the other hand, would give him solid and genuine advice on how to handle the situation. Not only that, but Rune found they both had a lot in common, minus music taste, and could go on hours of talking.

The little bunny was in fact a lot more talkative than Rune had initially thought he would be after breaking through his barrier. And seeing him go off, making jokes, and openly laughing was one of the best things he could ever ask for.

"I'm fine," Rune said, looking around a bit. His actions caused the twins to give him a questioning look, but before they could say anything else, he bolted up and ran off. They watched in alarm and confusion as he stopped in his tracks to start talking to another individual who they couldn't see properly.

Rune swung his arm around the individual's shoulders and they began to walk away.

"What the fuck," Fah muttered, earning a quick warning look from her twin. She waved her arms in exasperation, "Look. Who even is that? Like he's being all sneaky now. Especially with his last two instagram posts. I mean, who even is this Khemkhaeng dude? What's his intentions?"

Fang sighed, "If that person is helping him through the matter of Cherry and Ryu, then that's all that matters. Once he's ready to introduce us then he will."

Fah pouted, crossing her arms. "Well he better do it soon or else I'm going stalker mode. Cause let's be real, Rune has had fucked up love interests up until now."

"Language," Fang scolded. "Gosh, I pray mother never hears you speak like this."

She rolled her eyes, sticking out her tongue, "Whatever."

"Are you sure you don't mind having lunch with me?" King asked, looking at the Senior sitting in front of him. Rune raised his brow, leaning against his palm as he set his spoon down. "Why would I mind?"

"Well...I don't have the greatest reputation," King fiddled with his fingers. Rune reached out and flicked his forehead.

"Nong," he chuckled, "did you think I'd be sitting here if I was bothered? Come on now, eat up. We have to go back soon."

King observed his facial expression before nodding. Despite his composure, he tried not to let his true thoughts leak out and ruin the lunch. 'Careful, King' he told himself, 'it might just be because of guilt that he's doing all this.'

That's right. Despite how comfortable he was starting to feel with the senior. Despite the little butterflies he felt whenever a smile and laugh was directed his way, he had to remember the guilt Rune most likely had running through him as they hung out.

There wasn't any other logical reason as to why such a popular guy like Rune would suddenly reach out to hang out with a loner like him - who held an incredibly bad reputation.

Though even if it was only temporarily, he wanted to bathe in the attention he was receiving. It wasn't often he was treated in such a kind and gentle manner.