eighteen

"Fah," Fang sighed at her use of language. His sister ignored him as she marched over and placed her hands on her hips, glaring up at the two boys. "What's the meaning of this?"

Rune looked at King who looked down at the shorter girl in confusion, not understanding her anger. He sighed, "Fah, Fang, meet King. King, my friends, Fah and Fang."

King nodded. He stretched out his hand, "Nice to meet you."

She looked down at his hand in suspicion. Fang sighed once more, and stepped forward to return the handshake in place of his sister, "Nice to meet you, N'King."

King smiled, his expression surprising Fah who pushed her brother out of the way. She grabbed hold of King's face, making the boy's breath hitch in alarm. She brought his face closer to hers - much to Rune's jealousy - and looked deep into his eyes. "You really are hot," she concluded, complaining when her brother pulled away with force. King rubbed his neck in an awkward manner, "Thank you?"

Rune frowned, placing his arm around King's shoulder - as though marking his territory. His actions didn't go unnoticed by Fang who connected the dots and realized King was the person who Rune had been ditching them for - the boy who he claims he only had a "tiny tiny crush" on.

"What are you two doing here?"

Fah rolled her eyes, "That's what we should be asking you. But anyways, me and Fang are going to this new restaurant-"

"-No," Rune cut her off. She looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"I said no," Rune said sternly, "You're not going there."

King bit back a laugh, waiting to see how the situation would unfold as Fah gaped at her friend. She glared at Rune, "And why is that? Are you two going on a date or something there?"

Rune fell silent at the mention of a date. He silently cursed at her, sending a glare her way as he tried to fumble out something to say. Unexpectedly it was King who spoke up. "Yeah," he smiled, "we are."

His words made all three individuals grow silent. Fah gasped at his words, covering her mouth with her hands as she looked at Rune once again with an accusing glare. Rune on the other hand couldn't help staring at King, his mouth opened slightly and his eyes widened, the tips of his ears going red.

Fang on the other hand found the situation to be rather amusing, loving how speechless King made the other two. He had a feeling they would get along just fine. And it wasn't often he felt that way. After all, he couldn't feel it when Rune had dated Cherry, and Kasper - Rune's first relationship. Both of Rune's exes were nightmares in his opinion.

Kasper was a notorious troublemaker who clearly knew how to manipulate people. And it made Fang worried Rune would go down the wrong path with how often the older male had guilt tripped his friend into doing him favours. Cherry wasn't much different. She too would guilt trip Rune. The only difference was she used it to make him cut off relations with others whereas Kasper used it to gain money and connections with people, as well as to get out of trouble.

Either way, by the end of the day Cherry and Kasper both pulled Rune along like a puppet, making his love for them be their leverage to shape him into their liking. Sure, Cherry didn't take advantage of Rune as often as Kasper, but it didn't change the way she was possessive over him.

Then came the night of their official break up. Fury was all he felt when he saw her pull Ryu into a kiss. As much as he wanted to slap her, he knew better than to raise his hand at a lady. So he settled with breaking Ryu's nose. It wasn't enough of course. He wanted to cause them pain - to vent out his frustration he's felt since he first met the two.