thirteen

Rune threw a punch, rage blazing through him. He wasn't a violent person by nature. He knew when to keep his temper in check. But anyone who has the audacity to throw violence at him, or towards anyone he cared for, would surely meet his anger. And Ryu had done exactly that by punching King simply because Rune was talking to him after the club meeting.

Club members who had exited the clubroom hurried to separate him as he got on top of Ryu and began to throw punch after punch, not caring about the amount of damage he was causing. King who was slightly bleeding and once again suffered from another wound he didn't deserve, hurried over to help them.

"Phi!" he clung onto Rune's arm as they managed to get him up and away from Ryu. Yet the senior continued to kick his legs and resist against the hold, making King tightened his grip.

"Rune!" He shouted, finally gaining his attention. Panting heavily Rune turned his focus onto King who looked at him with pleading eyes.

Realizing he had claimed down a little, King let go, as did the others who held him back. Several other members helped Ryu up, leading him away to get treatment due to how serious the wounds were. Gem looked at Rune and King, and sighed. She motioned for the other members to hurry home and leave the two alone to talk.

She knew Rune enough to understand he had his reasons for acting out with such anger. And despite being somewhat friends with Ryu, she knew he wasn't necessarily a good person, but kept silent due to not wanting to hurt or offend Rune.

As the two were left alone in the hall, King looked down at Rune's clenched and shaking hands. He reached out and grabbed a hold of them, growing at how bloodied his knuckles were.

"I'm sorry," he muttered.

Freeing one of his hands, Rune cupped King's face. He ran his fingers along the forming bruise, "I should be the one saying sorry. I'm sorry he punched you like that."

King flushed, his heart beating rapidly at how gentle the senior was being. He shook his head, offering a smile, "It's alright. I'm used to it."

Despite meaning to make Rune feel slightly better, he knew his words were being misunderstood when he saw the way his expression shifted into a more sad one.

"I'm sorry," Rune apologized once again, leaning his forehead against King's and closing his eyes. "I had done the same to you that day, too."

"But you didn't mean it," King reassured softly. "I'm okay, Rune. Really."

Rune opened his eyes, pulling away and gaping slightly. He let out a smile before chuckling. "You called me Rune," he breathed out.

Realizing it himself, King blushed. "Is that okay?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Of course!" Rune said happily, completely changing his mood from his previous one. "Can I call you King then?"

King chuckled, "Of course, Ph-Rune. But we should really get going. Do you need a ride?"

Just as Rune was about to answer, he received a notification from his phone. Cursing, he took it out, scrunching at the notification from Fang.

| Fang |

Don't go back to your apartment. Fah and I drove by and saw a group of dangerous people out there. Seems your neighbor is caught up in some shady stuff.

You can stay with us if you don't have anywhere else.

He frowned, looking up to meet King's curious gaze. "Actually, do you mind if I crash at your place tonight?"

| Fang |

No need

Sleeping over at a friend's

Got it

~

Rune hissed as King applied ointment to his wounds. His reaction caused the younger boy treating him to chuckle as he finished up and bandaged his hands. Putting everything away, King stood up to tuck the first aid kit back into the cabinet.

"You hungry?" He asked, looking at the time on the stove. He moved over to the fridge, checking what he had left. Realizing there wasn't much, he asked again, "Actually, should we have take-out?"

"I don't have much to cook with," he informed, walking back over to Rune who sat on the couch, comfortably dressed in King's clothings.

"Ow, can we get some chicken?"

"Chicken?" King raised his brows at the suggestion, plotting himself down and grabbing his phone. "Sure."

Rune observed him as he began to scroll through the different options of take outs they had. He smiled fondly.

"King," he called softly.

"Hmm?"

"Aren't you wondering why I'm suddenly...I don't know..being so close to you?"

King stiffen, biting his lower lips before resuming his search. "I know," he mumbled, "You feel bad, right? For hurting me?"

His words made Rune freeze. He furrowed his brows, grabbing the phone out of his hands and leaning closely.

"That's not it," he said, sternly. "Yes, there was guilt, and the need to make up for what I had done. Yes, I wanted to make sure you wouldn't reveal my identity. But...it was also because when we did the volunteering a while back, I saw a side of you I never thought I'd see. And it made me want to know more about you. I wanted to know who King truly was past the rumours and status.

"The more we talked during our guitar practice, the more I saw your gentle side. And then came the night of the break up, and the events that followed, and I knew just how good hearted of a person you truly are. I'm glad to have met you, King. And I hope you don't ever doubt how genuine I am about wanting to be friends with you."

"Oh..." King mumbled. Rune frowned deeply, thinking he made the boy upset as he set his head down. He reached out to try and apologize to him when he noticed how red the tip of King's ears were. He grinned, finding the reaction to be adorable.

Unable to take it, he ruffled King's hair. "Come on, you. Let's order some food now."