Chapter 55

I poured a drink for Ralene. Maraming taon na ang nakalipas subalit napakalakas pa rin niyang mag-inom.

"Cheers to us! We won the case!" she giggled.

Thankfully this bar is not full of people. Malaya kaming nakakagalaw at nakapagusap.

"No, you won the case." sagot ko at ngumisi sa kanya.

"No, we won it. I wouldn't have done it if the witnesses aren't cooperative, you know?" aniya at nilagok ang kaunting beer sa kanyang baso.

"Thank you, Ral. You were really incredible sa korte." I commented.

Ngumisi siya at nilapag ang baso sa lamesa. "So, are you and Caleb back?" tanong niya at pinagsalikop ang daliri ng kanyang mga kamay.

Tumango ako at ngumiti sa kanya.

"Good, that's what I signed up for." aniya.

"What are you two doing here?" nagulat kaming dalawa ni Ralene sa pamilyar na boses sa aming likod.

"Aaaaahh!!" we all screamed nang magsalubong ang aming mga tingin.

"Oh, my God! Of all places, dito ko pa kayo makikita!" Odeya exclaimed as she hugged the both of us.

We invited her to sit with us gayong wala siyang kasama. Aniya'y pumunta lamang siya rito upang magpalamig.

She still looks like the same. Her long, black and wavy hair that made her look like a mermaid always have stunned me. She still looks eighteen to me because even her body hasn't changed at all! Although the sheath dress that she's wearing made her look like she's in 20's already.

"Yo, you guys are unfair. Bakit hindi ninyo ako tinry i-contact?" tanong ni Odeya as she poured a drink for herself.

"Hoy, babae. I tried to contact you! But news flash, you changed your number... Again!" Ralene exclaimed.

I chuckled in between their conversation. The two are still the same. Still talkative and all. I can't remember the last time I talked to them.

"At ikaw, bakit bumalik ka ha?" mataray na tanong sa akin ni Odeya.

"Well, it's a long story." nagkibit balikat ako roon sapagkat that story doesn't matter now. Lalo na't tapos na ang kaso ni Cassandra.

"Pagkatapos ng limang taon, hindi mo kami bibigyan ng explanation?!"

"I can tell you, Deya." anyaya ni Ralene na ikinagulat ni Odeya.

"Alam niya?"

So, that's exactly what happened. Ralene doesn't really stop talking. She filled Odeya with as much as information she needed.

I'm honestly so happy to be with them right now.

But, I still haven't checked on Caleb simula kanina. There's not even a message from him.

I sighed. Is everything really going to be okay?

"Well, how's the hearing?" tanong ni Odeya nang matapos magkwento si Ralene.

"Syempre, panalo!" Ralene exclaimed at muli'y nagsalin ng beer sa kanyang baso.

"Hey, don't you think she's had enough to drink?" tanong sa akin ni Odeya, mukhang medyo nahahagas siya kay Ralene.

"She's a strong drinker, remember?" sagot ko and I checked my phone for messages, but there was nothing.

"Matagal na rin kasi simula noong uminom ulit iyan." bulong sa akin ni Odeya.

Well, Ralene seems to be doing fine. She doesn't seem drunk at all. She seems sober to even check her phone.

So, I decided to tell them something that has happened recently.