- 1 -

When his supervisor told him about a program that wanted to help him with the hallucinations ARI caused, Norman was relieved. He didn't know what to do or if anyone would believe him. He was given a time that day to report to an address, and that was that. The agent was glad that his problem was being taken seriously instead of being ignored. Hopefully he'd help stop ARI being used in the force, but he doubted it. It was a useful piece of technology after all, and some cases wouldn't have been solved without it. It was harder to work without them, but Norman would rather do things old school than possibly ruin his life more than it already was.

When the time came around for his appointment, he was already at the office early. Being called back and having heart rate, blood pressure, height, and weight taken quickly, then taken away to a room where he assumed a doctor would meet him and ask him about his problems. Ten minutes passed before that happened however.

"Norman Jayden, correct?"

The questions were so normal and made sense to be asked that Norman didn't think twice of them. The reminder that his problems were caused by ARI and therefore not exactly a normal case to be treated, which meant that some testing would need to be done as well. It made sense at the time. At least his only question was answered; his life span wasn't shortened by the damage done. After the doctor asked some questions about his experience with ARI before the triptocaine addiction, the agent was taken to a different floor. He was given a room number, which had a bed, wardrobe, and desk.

Norman didn't expect that he would have to stay, but assumed that his supervisor knew about this. He felt relieved but that feeling was taken away once he felt a sharp pain in his neck. He couldn't see who held the needle, the world going blurry and him soon falling unconscious. Waking up in a pitch black room with only one dim light barely shining. Being an FBI agent who had admittedly been in worse did not help, as panic settled in and he couldn't think of how to escape. He could hear cameras whirl, obviously meaning he was being observed. Calming down was a priority, then escape. Showing fear was a weakness, and showing weakness was showing that they could harm him. He could still move freely, he discovered quickly. Carefully, he walked around the room, arms out to see what he had at his disposal. Nothing caught his attention. All that was in the room was a chair and that light.

That didn't bode well. Cameras, dim lighting, and a chair didn't sound like this was going to end well. Norman gave up looking around the room for anything that could be a weapon and searched for a door. It was a quick find, and of course locked. It was a handle door knob. It wasn't a flimsy one either, so once he was locked in, he stayed in. Why would his supervisor send him here? This obviously wasn't safe or at all helpful for him! Norman was about to call out when the doctor's voice crackled out.

"Mr. Jayden, please remain calm for the observation."