- 14 -

Ethan didn't have an arm around Norman in the car, but held one of the agent's hands the entire drive to a shopping complex. The taller man could see his blush from the side mirror, so he kept his head turned to the window. He didn't want to be seen blushing, considering his vulnerable side had already been shown. The thought of being read like a book with his emotions felt odd. He never got to be honest of when he was okay or not okay, so that became his norm. Hide everything inside and keeping a wall up to prevent people from seeing what's inside.
And yet here Ethan was, tearing down that wall effortlessly.

Glancing at the intertwined hands on his leg, he tried the last time someone touched him in a loving way instead of the countless times he's gotten beaten up. No memories came to mind, making the ex-agent frown. That just sounded depressing to admit. He looked back out the window, at the car filled parking lot. His gaze immediately flicked to Ethan again.

"You sure you'll be able to handle it in there?" He asked as the car pulled into a parking space and stopped. The architect looked at Norman for a moment, his hand slowly slipping away as he nodded. The ex-agent already missed holding the other man's hand, but quickly dismissed the thought. He made a note to keep an eye on Ethan while in the mall.

Stopping in front of the entrance, the other man noticed Norman looking at him, raising a brow. "I promise I'll be fine, just don't take too long." He muttered softly, raising a brow. "And if it does take a while, I'll manage."
Norman slowly nodded, walking past the automatic door and into the ridiculously cold shopping complex. Despite the sweater he was wearing, the ex-agent shivered, pulling the sleeves over his hands.

Surprisingly, the complex wasn't that crowded. It still had the obnoxiously loud music and mixed food court smell, as well as the headache causing lighting.  It wasn't as bad as a club, the ex-agent rubbing his side at the memory of being attacked at one. Then again, his aching side in the Oragami Killer was caused by a multitude of fights. It was a wonder he could still walk properly when he thought about just how badly fights went. A lot of things were surprising after just how many fights he's gotten into and how some of them went.

"Earth to Norman Jayden, do you have any idea of where you wanna start shopping?" Ethan nudged the other, looking around at surrounding stores. Norman glanced around, knowing there was no way they'd find a store that would actually match his preference of clothes. Besides, he technically didn't need to wear a suit anymore. Might as well have a new clothing style as well as lifestyle...