- 26 -

"Considering that we can't really go out, we've only got TV and talkin'." Ethan shrugged, leaning his head on Norman's shoulder. He looked exhausted, now that Norman could have a closer look at the man's facial features. The architect yawned softly, yet wasn't about to sleep. The ex-agent could ignore his racing heart for the sake of concern for the other. He already knew that before his call, the man hadn't been sleeping, and still had no clue how much he was getting recently.

Repeating to himself that he was doing this purely out of friendship, he lightly started running his fingers through Ethan's hair, the soft strands like silk on his skin. He felt a confused gaze on him but didn't react. So far, he wasn't being pushed away. In fact, Ethan leaned into Norman more. The feeling of being looked at faded, the ex-agent noticing that the architect's eyes were shut. He didn't stop petting the man's hair, relieved it was working to lull him to sleep.

He suddenly shifted, pressing his face into the crook of Norman's neck. His breath felt warm and even on the cold skin. The ex-agent felt like he was in heaven but surpressed the feeling. This wasn't about his crush, this was about helping the man get some sleep. Even if that meant that he had to stay still be be cuddled into.  Though, he couldn't find a complaint with that either.

Ethan stirred a little, his hand resting on Norman's leg, palm up. Carefully, the ex-agent settled his hand within his, his fingers curling to hold his hand. A soft hum of relief vibrated against Norman's neck in response before he felt his hand being held in return, looking at it again to see that his hand seemed to fit perfectly in the other man's hand, even if only four of five fingers fully fit within the little puzzle.

Several minutes later was when Norman was certain Ethan was fully asleep. That, however, didn't stop him from holding the man's hand and petting his hair occasionally. He wanted to remember this moment forever, the peace of it all. As if nothing bad could happen in the future, as if nothing bad happened in the past.