Chapter 7

His sharp blue eyes glanced at the time on his watch. "We'll continue this tomorrow."

Liana stood outside, her face blank and her eyes empty as her uncle stopped the car in front of her.

The window rolled down. "Hey, Lia! Get in!"

Obliging silently, she pulled the door open and sat down in the back seat.

"How were your lessons today?" he asked while the car began moving again.

While avoiding eye contact, she responded in an empty, hoarse voice,

"Fine."

Her eyes seemed bloodshot.

"Lia." She was shaken awake, taken away from her dream of a memory. "We're here now." She found herself looking up at Seraphina.

"Thanks." She sat up, then standing, following them off the train and into the station. Her head throbbed, but she ignored it.

The amount of blood on her clothes caused alarm to the passerbys. She was wearing something light-colored, which wasn't a good idea, considering it was Turf Wars. Arlo and Blyke wore clothes easy to move in, and mostly dark colored, because they were fighting. .... Well, Blyke did, Arlo was wearing jeans, probably because he knew his barrier alone was enough against Agwin. Sure, Elaine and Seraphina didn't, since they weren't supposed to fight anyway, but basically, she could've done different things to avoid the mess.

Stay home. Lie. Bring a change of clothes. Wear dark clothes. Stay out of it...

To avoid trouble, the others had her lock herself in a bathroom stall, while they bought her a shirt. It took a while, they all had different ideas on what to get, and for Liana, the smell of public toilets was kinda gross.

It almost spiralled into the girls shopping for themselves too, because they had a few stores there. Arlo just snuck off and went to a Dollar Sapling, buying a large gray shirt because they had other things to do, like get on with their weekend. And the shirt was cheap. $4? Sure.

He didn't go into the girl's washroom. He called her out, she snatched it, and came out in a different shirt. She even got a plastic bag because he thought ahead enough to get one from the store for her clothes.

The two left, going their own ways. They both texted into the group chat, though Liana didn't see Arlo's text due to blocking him.

Arlo
I already took care of it.

Liana
Guys

Already got a shirt. Later

. . .

[Lia changed the name of the group chat to "Turf Wars w/ a mid-tier"]

Isen
I'm not in Turf Wars! You know what, not everyone in here is!

There's me, Cecile, Holden, Meili, Ventus...

Lia
Bruh, you got a death wish?

Hi Cecileeeee

I was just in one

I got a shirt out of it, but rlly?

Isen
ASHDFLKSJL

Blyke
What the hell, man, she just came along with a stick