Monday

Hi. Go. Listen. To. Aurora's new song 'Exist for Love'. NOW. It's addicting and I love it heheee. Anyway. Here u have another shitty chapter, yeet. Oh and also, IT'S BEEN A MONTH (... more than a month..... oop) SINCE I LAST UPDATED. YOU'RE WELCOME. :)

Millie's pov

I opened my eyes with the sound of blaring alarm clock on my phone. Oh my god. It's monday. First day of my new school.

I shot up sitting on my bed, my heart beating at a huge speed.

God, I'm so nervous.

I took a deep breath and slowly and hesitantly pulled the blanket off of me.

It's gonna be okay. No one knows me there except for Finn of course.

I got up on my feet and walked to my window, spreading the curtains. The sun was rising and the sky had a beautiful shade of purple (which was my favorite color) with a few little clouds that were orange and yellow as the sun shone at them from the horizon. The sight was truly majestic.

I found myself tapping my finger on the sill of the window.
My anxiety is getting worse and worse. I don't even really know what I'm anxious about... but I just am. I always am when something new is coming.

I sighed.

-

I was sitting in my mom's car. She was taking me to school since it was my first day there and she had some documents to sign there anyway.

I was wearing a white oversized t-shirt with a Gremlins print, tucked into blue jean shorts.

It's gonna be ok. It's gonna be ok. It is gonna be ok. Shit, this is stressful. What if some of Iris' friends go there? What if she has told them, too? Of course she has.

The burning flames of anxiety started spreading even more through my whole body and into my lungs, making them shake.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I always think of the worst scenarios and it completely stresses me out. All this bullshit is unnecessary. And I'm the only one to blame.

Lost in my hurtful thoughts, I didn't even notice that mom has already parked the car, until I heard her voice.
"Millie, we're here! Are you excited for the new school?"
"Uh- y-yeah."
I was honestly more scared than excited, but I didn't want to disappoint mom. She had to be disappointed in me enough already.

I laid my lightly trembling hand on the car door handle and opened it, stepping hesitantly on the asphalt ground of the parking lot.

The school was a big building, but not as big as my old school. It was painted all baby blue with a few white parts. There was a park all around it with a lot of trees swaying calmly in the light wind and benches everywhere.

I took a deep breath again, one last time, and grabbed my bag.

"Okay, so first we're gonna go to the principal's office, you'll get your time table and they're going to tell you everything you need to know."
Mom looked at me with a big, bright and excited smile.

I nodded. "Okay."

I think I couldn't get even more stressed. I was biting the inside of my cheek so furiously I could almost feel blood flowing into my mouth. My heart was beating in the speed of cheetah's steps and my breathing got shallow and my head started spinning.

Mom didn't notice, though.

We were going through white hallways with educational posters and notice boards, passing empty classrooms. It was still pretty early so we didn't meet many people on our way.