One out, one in

Millie's pov

The first week of my new school was actually really good. I'd talked with Maddie and Sadie some more, as well as with Finn's friend group - Noah, Caleb and Lilia. Also I'd had a few classes with Finn, which was great.

I've gotten my locker the other day. Luckily it's not far from Finn's, so that's a good thing, too.

-

I was just leaving my locker when someone blocked my way.
"Oh..sorry." At first I thought it was an accident.
But when I tried to go again, the person blocked me again.

I was getting kind of nervous now.

"Um... excuse me? Could I please -" the  person cut me off. "Hey. Where you going?"

I lifted my eyes to see who even was it.
It was a guy, taller than me but not as tall as Finn. His hair was dark brown, but not as dark as Finn's. His eyes were brown, but Finn's were much darker and... deeper.

"I- uh, I'm going to my class?" I answered, confused by his kinda stupid question. Wasn't it obvious?

"Wow. That's great. I'm Jacob, Sartorius. You?"

"Millie... Brown."

"Love your name."

I shyly smiled at the compliment. "Thanks. Your name is cool, too."

He smirked, handing me a crumbled piece of paper. "Here. Text me later." He simply said and left me standing in the hallway.

Ok? That was weird. But he seemed pretty chill. He was kind of handsome, too.

I looked at the paper in my hand.
His number with his name written underneath it and a little smiley face.

-

Finn's pov

Millie has been acting a little bit weird today. She kept looking at something hidden in her hand and she seemed nervous.
"Are you okay?" I asked, a little bit concerned.

Her head snapped in my direction so quickly and abruptly that it seemed like I have startled her.

"What?" she asked, confirming that she had been zoned out before I spoke.

"I said, are you okay?" I repeated, getting more and more concerned with each second.

"Yeah, of course." she showed me a hesitant smile.

I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable but there was clearly something wrong, so I pushed further.
"Are you sure? What are you looking at all the time?"

She started fiddling with her fingers, hiding the paper deeper into her palm and closing her fingers tightly around it.
"Nothing. It's just... a number. This guy gave it to me."

My attention shifted to that one word. Guy.

"A guy? What guy?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Um.. Jacob. His last name was something starting with an "s". Satri- San-.... " her eyebrows scrunched together as she was trying so hard to remember.

"Sagytitties." I exhaled.

"What?" Millie questioned as if she wasn't sure if she heard right.

"Sartorius. Why him?" I said more to myself than her. "You should stay away from Jacob, Millie. Please."

"Hey, what's wrong with him?" She asked, getting a little irritated.

"Well... he doesn't have the best reputation when it comes to-"