Silence

!!TW!! - mentions of self harm. Please be careful reading this chapter if you are sensitive about this topic <3

Millie's pov

It's been really awkward between me and Finn for the past week. He seemed to still be thinking about our fight. He seemed to be sad about it. But I was told that he's a liar. Plus, he talked shit about Jacob.

I should hate him. But I can't. There's still something in him that just won't allow me to hate him.
Maybe everything will be okay between us again eventually. Who knows. I wish though. I feel a little bit bad for what happened. I shouldn't. I shouldn't feel bad about it. It was not my fault. Well, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Yeah, things with Finn are going bad. It's getting stressful and I'm sad.

On the other hand, me and Jacob have gotten closer over the past few days. We were texting all the time, and when we met at school, he smiled at me every single time, and I smiled, too.

-

The clinking sounds of the school's cafeteria mixed up with happy voices and laughs caused me to start feeling lonely for a moment as I sat all alone at the smallest table.

I didn't have to sit alone. I chose to.

I could feel someone's eyes burning holes into the back of my head. I let out a frustrated sigh and turned around quickly, almost aggressively.

Finn. Why does he have to torture me like that all the time? Why? Why can't he see that it hurts me to be reminded of being away from him?

His look didn't even make a single movement away from me when I turned around. The dark seas inside his eyes screamed sadness. The miniature smile he forced onto his lips was saying the same. It wasn't very visible, but I knew that it was there.

My eyes were sad too. But my lips didn't show even a trace of smile. My lips were frozen into a cold expression.

I turned back around after around ten seconds of staring intently back at him.

I could feel a tear form at the edge of my left eye.

Fuck.

It fell down on my cheek. Now there was the familiar pressure inside my chest and throat. I tried my best to push it away, when Finn appeared in front of me.

Why the fuck?!!

I let go. I couldn't hold my emotions in for any longer.

"Fuck!" I said out loud this time, tears streaming onto my face.

"Millie. Are you okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and turned around to go away from him, not saying a word.

"Millie!" he grabbed my wrist gently before I could run off. "We really need to talk. Please."
His voice sounded so heartbroken.

But I tore my arm away from him, even though it was hard. I'd missed his touch. So much.

"No."

I ran away.
I ran into the hallway, heading towards my locker. I slowed down when I was certain I was out of Finn's sight.

My locker. Finally. Finally I can get out of here.

But I wasn't the only one who was making their way to my locker.

Jacob arrived there just at the same time as me.

My heart skipped a beat. Why is he here now? Why when I'm crying?