Pencils And Paper

"83."

"Oh, so that's upstairs. Actually right next to my classroom for this period. It's 82." He smiled slightly, looking into my eyes.

Woah. His eyes are so dark and... pretty..

When I noticed a suspicious smirk forming on his lips, I quickly shook out of my strange thoughts that shouldn't even be in my head and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah cool! Um.. let's... go?"

Finn probably noticed how embarrassed I was and just chuckled to himself. And my face must have been red, like really, really red, because I could feel it heating up rapidly.

What is happening with me...

-

"Hey." he smiled at me from the doorway.

"Hi!"

I walked out my science classroom. There wasn't really much going on, just boring facts about some shit I have no idea what is. Yeah, I really love science. Almost as much as math. And that's hard to beat.

"It's art now, right? Oh! We're both in that class, remember?" I gasped excitedly.

"Yep." He smiled. "How were your first two classes anyway?"

"It was.. fine I guess. Well, except for the horrible introducing part. I thought I was going to die right there." I chuckled along with him.

We entered a classroom. There were art supplies sitting on shelves all over the room, and desks formed in the shape of "U", following the walls.

"Do you mind if... I sit next to you? Or do we have assigned seats in this class, too?"

"No, we can sit wherever we want. So yeah, of course I don't mind."

"Okay..." I said shyly.
I followed him through the space to the end of the room where we sat down at a desk, me in the last seat before the corner at the end of the row, Finn next to me to the left.

I started unpacking my things, when Finn spoke again. "Would you maybe like to meet my friends after school?"

I looked up, my eyes glowing. "Of course!"

"Okay then..." he smiled, looking down at the desk. "There's not many of them, but we're a great team. I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly."

"Hey Finn." for my taste a little too sweet voice sounded from behind Finn.
A very pale, even paler than Finn, black haired girl with bright green eyes was just sitting down next to him. Probably one of his friends he was telling me about. When our eyes met, her smile slightly fell down in disappointment. Did she already not like me?

I tried not to show that I noticed her expression and not to believe the first impression I got from her and smiled friendly.

"Hey. I'm Millie."

"Yeah, I already know, you were in my science class."
She snapped, turning back to her things. Oh. So she really doesn't like me. But I won't give up.

"Uh.. okay, cool! And you.. are...?"

"Andrea. Briggs." she simply stated, not even lifting her eyes. I looked her outfit up and down. All black with a green belt around her tiny waist over a tight tank top and cargo pants.
She was pretty. Really pretty.

And then it hit me.
What if she's Finn's girlfriend? What if she doesn't like me because I'm sitting with him?
A weird feeling took over me. I have never felt it before.

I didn't realize I was staring at Finn until a teacher came in and shut the door.

She fortunately didn't tell me to introduce myself and only gave us instructions. We were supposed to split into pairs and draw each other.
I subtly grabbed Finn's wrist to tell him non-verbally that I wanted to be in pair with him, blushing when he looked me into the eyes, smirked and nodded a little so only I could see.
I guess I mostly did it because I wouldn't be comfortable with drawing a complete stranger, but.... maybe it was also because of the girl. Andrea...