His Glasses

Eddies POV
It was about 11:09 when everyone started to drift asleep. Richie and I were the only ones truly awake, well he was half awake. He had his head on my lap.
"Richie..." he looked up at me, his glasses were off because it was more comfortable to lay down that way.
"Do you wanna...maybe leave here and go to town?" He sat up. "I would do anything with my Ed's" "Stop calling me that I hate it, or were not going" It was a love hate relationship with that nickname
"Fine I'll call you Eddie come on let's go"
Everyone took their makeup off after having it on for an hour or two.
He slowly got out of bed and held a hand out. The beds we sat on a platform so it was a little higher off the floor than normal beds.
I grabbed his hand and slowly jumped off the bed. He didn't let go of my hand until we had to put our shoes on. We quietly left our room, Richie holding a skateboard.
"Are you really gonna ride your skateboard?" "Yes that's why I brought it Eduardo" he put down and started to ride it in the hallway.
"Rich your gonna fall and hurt yourself" Out of everything Richie has done the past month of knowing Richie this one gave me a pit in my stomach, thinking of all of the ways he could hurt himself.
"Eddie I'll be fine" he hopped off and we kept walking.
Soon we were walking down the street talking while Richie slowly rode his skateboard. To keep up he kept his hand on my shoulder. The faster I walked the faster he went and vice versa.
We soon got to a pretty dark part of the street, a couple lights were out most likely burnt out and other ones weren't as bright as they should be.
"Richie...we should go down another path..." "How come?" He sounded serious but a little sarcastic. "I don't know it's just dark and lots of animals could be around and..."
Richie stepped off of his skateboard and wrapped his arms around me.
"I won't let anyone hurt any of my friends, especially you."
Me? "Especially you" what did that mean?
"Let's keep walking, I'm right here nothing is gonna happen we'll be fine." He held his skateboard instead of riding it.
We talked a bit more Richie told jokes half of the time. We argued half of the time.
"Richie I don't understand how Bill and then haven't gotten annoyed by you."
"They've gotten used to it, believe it or not we've known each other for about 7 years. Mike, Ben and I were 11 and Bill was 10."
"Aww a baby Richie you should show me pictures later." I chucked as shook his head. "You, Edward Kaspbrak, wanna see me Richard Tozier, as a baby?" "First of all Eddie and yes" Richie looked shocked. "I had big bulky glasses since I'm like really blind and I-"
Before he could finish his sentence someone started yelling behind us: "STOP RIGHT THERE AND TURN AROUND" we did what they said and Richie started to inch forward to get in front of me. "I SAID STOP MOVING" he stopped.

We were about to get robbed.