The Hospital

I started to breathe faster and faster as I realized what was happening.
"Richie, Richie come on we're almost here."
The tears that were slowly down his face earlier had dried up.
We finally got to a gas station and we walked in.
"Sir we need to call...911" I said as the man grabbed the phone. "Take anything you need to stop the bleeding" the man said as I grabbed some paper towels and put them on Richies stomach.
"Can I have some chips..." he chuckled and winced in pain forgetting he was stabbed.
After a minute or two we finally heard sirens. They started to put Richie on a stretcher.
They checked his eyes to make sure he was conscious and did other things to make sure he was okay. A breathing mask put over his face.
I heard muffles as I sat on the floor.
"Sir...sir?" "Huh? Oh sorry." I stood up and talked to the paramedic. "Do you know him." "Yeah...can I um ride with him." "I'm sorry but you have to be family" "I don't have a ride...we...we were robbed." "We'll have a cop follow the ambulance and you can ride with him."
The paramedic walked away and then taking Richie too. I hurried over beside them and whispered in his ear.
"I like you a lot Richie...do you like me back?" He slightly nodded his head as they strolled him away.
My heart rate started to go up as they took Richie.
I followed the cop into her car, and then we left. I called Beverly and told her what happened.
Beverly:hello?
She had just woken up
Eddie:Beverly... Richie and I were robbed, he got stabbed and we're going to the hospital.
Beverly:Were leaving now...
Eddie:Beverly I need you to do something for me
She agreed and hung up.
*5 minutes later*
We finally get to the hospital, a place that made my heart rate go up even more.