✰ 04.

CHAPTER FOUR

—✰—

"see what happens when you hang around the dirty pogues, avani!" her mom shouted as the girl only woke up.

"mom, please be a little quiet? i just got shot and my ears are still ringing!" she sighed, rolling her eyes as she looked away from her parents who sat beside the hospital bed she lay in.

"do not give me that attitude avani! you could've died! i don't want you anywhere near those kids ever again!" her mom shouted as she glared at the four teenagers who sat in the corridor.

"mom they're my friends! not like any of the kooks like me here anyway" she rolled her eyes again.

"what do you mean! you've got plenty of friends, avani! doesn't mean you have to drop them all for pogues" her dad groaned as he sat across from the hospital bed.

"i have one real friend on this side of the island, mom! everyone else uses me to get with topper!" she spoke the truth, knowing they wouldn't believe her, once again.

"stop lying for once, avani! just stop hanging out with those pogues" her dad grunted.

"not like you would've noticed if i died" she said under her breath.

"what was that!" the two said

"nothing" she sighed.

"were going to speak to the doctor" her mom said, leaving the room as her dad followed.

she saw the crew sitting in the corridor turn to look at her through the window, she waved for them to come in.

"your parents seem to love us!" JJ scoffed, sitting in the chair beside her, holding her hand softly.

"they're assholes" she rolled her eyes.

"i'm really sorry, avani. this is all our fault" kie sighed

"what do you mean! it isn't, at all!" she sighed, sending her friend a reassuring smile.

"what's re you kids doing in here! go!" her dad shouted, coming into the room, avanis smile dropping.

"sorry, sir." the crew all mumbled.

"bye mamas" JJ whispered, kissing the girl on the forehead, making her smile reappear along with a blush on her cheeks.

her dad glared at JJ as he walked past, not affected by her dads 'threats' to stay away from her.

—✰—

hours passed, it was now early in the morning and she was able to be discharged from the hospital 

"come on, let's get you home" her mom sighed, helping her up after grabbing her things.

they eventually got back home, avani headed straight to her room to have a nap, since she was kept up all night at the hospital, not getting much sleep.

avani woke up a few hours later, walking downstairs to make herself lunch, seeing a note on the counter.

we've gone to the cameron's for a few hours, be back by dinner
- mom