✰ 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

—✰—

avani lay in her room doing nothing but stare at the ceiling letting her thoughts flood her mind. she was supposed to be getting ready for the midsummers party, but she couldn't get JJ off her mind after she left him earlier

she heard light taps on her window, her head snapping up to see JJ standing on the roof outside, waiting for her to open the window.

"JJ, what are you doing here?" she asked quietly, walking to her door and closing it making sure to lock it.

she turned to look at him, seeing his face bruising, his lip busted and a cut on his forehead that was still gushing with blood.

"JJ, oh my god. did your dad do this?" she sighed, placing her hands softly on his face watching him nod his head, making her pulling him into a tight hug, hearing him quietly sob into her shoulder.

"shush, it's okay baby" she said running his her hands through his hair, trying not to break apart and cry, knowing it would make him feel horrible for making her cry.

"i couldn't do it. i was gonna shoot him, avani!" he sobbed.

"oh my gosh" she mumbled, swallowing the lump in her throat

"i'm sorry. for shouting at you earlier and for dumping this all on you now" he ran a hand through his hair as he pulled away.

"no no no, it's okay!" she smiled weakly.

"i just. i didn't have anyone else to go to.... pope and kie- shush, JJ, it's okay. that's what i'm here for!" she cut off the rambling boy.

"come here, let me fix you up" she softly grabbed his hand, leading him to her bathroom, directing him to sit on the counter as she grabbed the first aid kit.

"this might sting, just don't squeal like a little girl" she giggled softly seeing a smile appear on his busted lips.

she put rubbing alcohol on the cotton pad, slowly rubbing it over his cuts to clean him up a little.

"JJ, i'm so sorry" she sighed

"it's fine, avani, it's just the usual" he shrugged, attempting to hide his pain.

as she stood between his legs, packing up the first kit and returning it to where it belonged, he admired her beautiful face that stood ahead of him.

"what?" she asked

the boy smiled, wrapping one arm around her waist, the other sat on the side of her face softly.

he slowly pulled her into a kiss, that wasn't rough, but passionate and sweet.

she hesitated to kiss back because she was shocked, but she went for it.

he slipped down from the counter, pulling her closer as the kissed, slowly backing her up to the wall behind her, his other hand against the wall as they made out.

Avani slowly pulled away before anything got too far, knowing they were both wanting too but there were people downstairs.