✰ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
don't forget to vote & comment

—✰—

avani had stopped at the chateau to get her car so she could drive back to figure 8 and with her bad luck, her friends had gotten back there before her and she had to go inside to get her backpack for her keys.

she walked in and straight to the couch where her bag sat, her friends on the back porch hadn't heard her come in yet, until JJ just so happened to come out for a beer and by the look of it, he had looked himself in the bedroom alone with alcohol after she left.

avani only froze as she saw him, he still hadn't noticed her as his back was toward her in the kitchen until he shit the fridge door, spotting her stand next to the door.

"avani..." he said, she immediately knew he was just going to pity her and tell her how sorry he was. just like everyone was going to. she hated it because it didn't make her feel any better.

"here, come sit. please talk to me, it's just us here. i'm always here for you, avani" he said his voice cracking.

as he walked towards her, she freaked out, walked straight out and starting her car, seeing him follow her outside and stand and watched her car leave, with guilt and sadness all ove this face.

she sped off and made her way into her house, her parents basically giving her an interrogation as she fled to her bedroom, locking the door and stuffing her face into a pillow.

she hadn't ever told anyone about the situation with rafe besides kamri who often used it to shove it in her face during arguments, mainly during the argument at midsummers. not even kie knew. but now everybody knew.

she hated herself that it took her this whole situation to show her how toxic kamri really was, but as they were family friends and bestfriends nearly their whole lives, she grew to get used to her actions and didn't realise how bad of a bitchy person kamri really was.

she didn't have the guts to tell anybody about her situation with rafe, not knowing how they'd react or even if they'd believe her because she knew if she ever spoke up about it, after all rafe is a cameron. she wouldn't win the battle as his daddy would pay his way through to clear him and his family's name, as every rich man does and will do to protect his reputation. after all. being a sexual assault victim was hard enough for her to know and the subject isn't exactly easy to speak up about, so she was proud of herself for making a start to opening up by spitting something out, even thought it was small it was definitely something.

Avani was still frightened over it, wondering how her friends and JJ would react to it, especially as she fled.

the main thing that full her mind was what JJ will do to rafe when he hunts him down.

but she also wondered... what he was going to do with the money after she left. she knew the chances of him going back home to face his father, clearly as he was at john bs house, but also knew he may have gone home to also do the right thing and give his father the restitution money for him to hand in for JJ.

and so hours later, that's where she went. to find him. to make sure he was okay.

she knew it was stupid after the shit he put her and her emotions through, but she couldn't help but care for him.