✰ 16.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

—✰—
a/n
from here onwards i'm re-doing all these chapter because i hate how i wrote them. lol enjoy :)

after being at the hospital with her friends all night,
avani finally snuck in to her bedroom early in the morning after kie dropped her off.

she slipped out of her dress, changing into comfortable clothes, then headed downstairs.

"where the hell have you been?! mom and dad have been worried sick" topper scoffed as he entered the kitchen after her.

"yeah i'm sure they were" she rolled her eyes.

"i'm serious, avani" he said

"i could ask you the same question, topper! where the hell were you" she scoffed, glaring at him as he sat on a stool at the counter across from her.

"i was with the guys" he lied

"oh cut the bullshit! for once please tell the fucking truth, topper! i know what the hell you did, okay! are you a fucking maniac?!" she shouted, still not breaking eye contact with her brother.

"i don't know what your talking about" he shrugged

"too bad if you were wasted, topper- i know you know exactly what you did, why the hell did you is what i'm asking!" she shouted.

"do what?" he denied once again.

"why the hell did you push john b off the hawks nest tower! is it because he's with sarah?!" she scoffed

"i love her, avani! she shouldn't be slumming it with a pogue and neither should you! i'm just trying to protect her and you! those pogues are animals and they are not safe to be around!" he shouted back.

"yeah and since when have you cared about me, exactly?" she scoffed

"your my sister, avani! of course i care about you!" he said

"bullshit" she stiffled a laugh, walking away.

"so your crawling back to your pogue bitch of a boyfriend again?! he isn't good for you avani!" topper shouted, the girl turning around and swinging at him, finally taking the anger she had piled up over the years, finally taking it out in a hard ass punch to his face.

"and who is good for me topper? is it rafe? jake? another one of your rich buddies? i don't have to be with another kook to keep my appearance up like you, in fact i don't give a single fuck!" she scoffed, him rolling his eyes.

"did you uh- just punch me?" he scoffed, holding his jaw.

"what are you gonna do, hit me back?!" she glared at him, seeing him not make a move

"that's what i thought" she scoffed, snatching her keys from the counter.

she sped down the street, away to find her friends. she eventually came to a stop outside the chateau, hoping they would be here as she had other way to contact them because of the hurricane.

she walked inside looking around to see nobody home.

"john b? JJ?" she asked, since the two basically lived together.

she knocked, then opened JJs bedroom door still attempting to find somebody to talk to, only to find JJ on top of another girl.

"oh- fuck! shit i'm sorry" she stumbled back, seeing him scramble around to cover the two and falling to lay next to her on the bed.

"kamri?" avani said, her hand raising to cover her mouth that fell open in shock.

"oh my god" she mumbled taking a step back, hitting the wall behind her accidentally, seeing the two look at her in shock too.

"what the fuck- she mumbled, seeing JJ walk towards her.

"i think you should go" he said, motioning to the door.

"so us, our kiss- kisses, meant nothing to you? like anything between us meant nothing?" she asked, weakly looking up to the boy who so perfectly hid his emotions, as always, even though he genuinely felt bad.

"not like we're dating or anything, avani" he shrugged

she bit her bottom lip, pain striking her heart as he spat the words in her face.

"right- yeah, no you're right- i should go" she scrambled the words out. she stumbled out of the house and back to her car, speeding off, no idea where she was going.

JJ stood in shock in the hall, regret filling his body, wondering why he would ever let her go or mess the pair this bad.

avani came to a stop outside of the wreck, hoping she was there as she stumbled inside.

"hey avani- are you okay you look like you've seen a ghost" kiaras father joked.

"i uh- i'm okay, is kie here?" she lied

"yeah she's on her break outside, i'm sure you'll spot her" he smiled

"thankyou" she weakly smiled, walking down the deck to see kie sit at a table.

"hey, you okay?" kie asked, her smile dropping as she saw her friend pale as ever.

"i uh- fuck" she mumbled, trying her hardest not to breakdown as she explained what she just witnessed.

"take a seat, okay- i'm gonna go get you some water" kie said, quickly running inside.

"okay, you can explain if you need" kid offered as she returned, seeing the gold down the glass of water.

"i just walked in on JJ fucking kamri" avani spat out, running her hands through her hair frustratedly.

"oh- oh my god" kie said, her jaw dropping.

"i mean- i don't know why i'm reacting like this, it's not like we're dating" she said, his words filling her mind from just a few minutes ago.

"i'm so killing him- god just wait till john b and pope find out" kie growled, hitting the table with her hand

"what's that supposed to mean?" avani asked, looking up from the ground to face kie.

"we were all rooting for you two to end up together- he treated you so well and your just what he needs in his life, avani!" kiara smiled, avani sighing.

"yeah i thought that too..." she mumbled, playing with her fingers.

"john b and i are gonna beat his ass" kid groaned, avanis face dropping, the memory of JJs father beating him struck through her mind.

"i'm such an idiot" she mumbled

"this isn't your fault, avani" kie said, rubbing her hand that lay on the table.

"no- i know- im an idiot for thinking he liked me too" avani said, face palming her forehead.

—✰—

vote and comment for next chapter!