Chapter 2

Kendall's POV

This was huge! Kenzie had just told me that Miss Abby was looking after her! But, I had absolutely no idea how Miss Abby was behind the scenes. Was she nice? Or was it possible that she could be... No. I don't even want to think about that. Kenzie is fine! Maddie is Miss Abby's favourite and Miss Abby adores her. Of course she is nice to them. I wish I could tell someone! Mom, Paige, Brooke, Nia, anyone! But I promised Kenzie I wouldn't tell anyone! I have to keep my promise. Don't I?

"KENDALL! Daydreaming won't get you onto Broadway! Focus unless you want to be replaced!" Miss Abby yells.

"Yes, Miss Abby," I reply. Kenzie glares at me. I never daydream in class, so I think she could tell I was thinking about her. I better focus for the rest of the lesson. Or else, I might get kicked out of the team. And leave Kenzie defenceless. Poor Kenzie.

"KENDALL! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STOP DAYDREAMING? 25 pushups, and after that you can explain to the class what you were daydreaming about. I do my pushups, and then stand up. "Care to tell us what is distracting you so badly, Miss Vertes? Miss Abby asks.

I have to make something up on the spot. I can't break Kenzie's promise!

Sorry this chapter is so short, it gets longer and more exciting, I promise.